37 - The Crown Prince

"I am surprised, however. Your face is much brighter than when you were in the Illuminati."

"I don't know if that's true...."

Lucrezia tensed, wondering if she was being implied that she was a slut during her father's mourning.

"I'm sure the climate here suited you. You look much better now."

But Raish didn't seem to have an ulterior motive, and he just complimented her.

Lucrezia felt her cheeks staining and glanced at Ramilio next to her.

If Lucrezia has changed, it's because of Ramilio.

"I'm just relieved that the war has come to a successful end."

"....Yes, I am more than happy to see that peace has been reestablished without any prolongation."

"I'm sorry to hear about your father...."

"I understand your regret. Please don't say anything. As for me, I feel responsible."

I'm not sure how to take it.

"It's such a waste of words!"

"But I can't face you if I hadn't paid more attention to you."

"Your Highness...."

"Did you have a previous relationship with the Crown Prince?"

"Yes. Your father and I were very close friends."

"Oh...."

Ramilio reached out to shake his hand.

"I am Ramilio, Grand Duke of Pastore. I will marry Lucrezia as soon as the mourning period is over."

"I see, so congratulations."

The fact that he said this as if he had just learned of it was a little disconcerting and made me stare at them.

--I'm not sure if it's the ....or the...?

But there was nothing strange about it. The conversation between the two of them began and flowed effortlessly.

"Of course, I hope that Rai's people will be more supportive than ever...."

--I wonder if it was my imagination.

I've known for a long time that Raish is a hard-core pro-war advocate, even though he was ostensibly a nice young man when he was back home, but he also made some tricky comments from time to time.

That's why when he asked me to meet with him today, I was a little nervous that he was targeting Pastore this time.

--But Pastore is a bit too far inland, and considering the cost and time it would take to resupply, it wouldn't be worth it to keep it as an enclave.

As I was puzzling over his intentions, Raish cut me off.

"This is my way of showing my appreciation. In the Illuminati, the Serravalle family helped me with everything."

Lucrezia became more alert.

--In the Illuminati, the Seravalli family has helped us with everything.

This is the reason why we have to be careful about what we say.

--I'm not sure if you're suggesting that the port city was taken because you were stupid.

"It's a small price to pay compared to the generosity of the Serravalle family.... but please accept it."

One by one, large boxes were brought to the terrace.