30 - The Marriage

In the room assigned to her by Lucrezia, Rosa asked to be left alone with her because she wanted to talk.

"Sis, I want to marry Ramilio."

--I knew you would say that someday.

Rosa said, ignoring Lucrezia's disgust.

"You have a lot of money, so you don't need to get married to survive, right? But I have nowhere else to go. My Illuminati title is gone, and it looks like my dad can't provide me with a dowry..."

Lucrezia asked with a wince.

"What about Master Falco?"

"He's missing with his parents, and you know it. He's a wanted man, so the engagement is no longer valid."

Indeed, even if Falco were to ask for an engagement in his current state, it would be a problem.

"I'm sure you've always been in love with Falco-sama."

"I've already cooled off because you're so bad with men. I can't believe you'd make a move on someone else when I'm around."

"You can't help it if you like each other. I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure that Ramilio-sama would rather have me than you."

Lucrezia tried to remember what Ramilio had said and done in the past few days.

She asked her sister what type of woman she liked.

I like girls who are solid, who can take care of the house.

"I also like silver-haired girls. I like girls who don't know what they're thinking at first glance because it makes me want to get to know them better."

"I see. I'll do my best to be like that."

Lucrezia could no longer understand what Rosa was thinking.

--I'm not sure if that's the kind of cute behavior you're talking about.

I don't know. Is that cute?

It is not cute to intervene between a man and a woman who are engaged and act as if to say, "Look at me." I'm not sure if it's just Lucrezia who thinks so.

"I don't know what ...you think, Ramilio-sama."

"You think you're better than me because I'm not pretty enough for you?

"Yes. Yes, you do. No one would like you, right?"

"So you want me to be pretty?"

"What?"

"If I become pretty and Ramilio likes me, will you agree to back down?"

Rosa is puzzled.

"It's not that ...I'm talking about."

"What is it, then? What makes you think that you are prettier than I am? I'm prettier than..."

Yes. It's a great misunderstanding for Rosa.

"I can be pretty if I want to be."

Rosa rolls her eyes when she hears this and immediately starts laughing hysterically.

"Good for you! Well, why don't you try it then?"

"I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that," said Lucrezia to Rosa, who continued to laugh as if she had never seen such a masterpiece.

"In return, if you find out that Ramilio-sama thinks I'm really cute, don't ever ask me to give you my fiancé again."

"Okay? If you can do it, do it."

Rosa and Lucrezia decided to visit Ramilio together.

***

I asked.

Rosa grinned and poked Lucrezia.

"My sister has something really important to do. Here."

Lucrezia still shook her head, her eyes as lightless as ever.

--I can't help this gloomy look.

If the face doesn't work, a heartfelt word will.

Lucrezia was positive.

"I was going to, but if you're busy, I'm fine for now."

Lucrezia stared at Ramilio. I'm sure you'll be able to understand what I'm trying to say.

"I will wait for you in my study."

"I'll be there as soon as I'm done."
"What? What do you--"

"I'll be waiting for you forever."

"What?"

Ramilio was frightened.

--I'm sorry, I scared him.

I thought I was being cute.

Lucrezia tried to make up for it and opened her mouth further.

"I can't wait to talk to you, Master Ramilio."

--It's like she's just a chatterbox.

Lucrezia is a talker.

Lucrezia began to break out in a cold sweat.

"I enjoy myself the most when I'm around the Master."

With a no-go, Lucrezia was at a loss for words.

There was nothing more she could do but stare at him.

"I'll be done in ten minutes. I'll be right there."

--There's no need to be so hasty.

Before Lucrezia could say anything else, Ramilio quickly returned to the audience hall.

Rosa was looking at Lucrezia as if she was taken aback.

Lucrezia looked at her sister as if to say, "What do you think?"

"Come on, let's go."

She waited in the study for Ramillio to arrive, and then she could show him off again.

Lucrezia was a strong woman.

***