31 - Robbery

He appeared in the study fifteen minutes later with a flurry of footsteps.

He was breathing heavily as if he had been running.

"Did I keep you waiting?"

"No, not at all."

I huffed as I said it. My sister would have puffed out her cheeks at the delay.

She thinks it's cute.

--Even if she thinks so, my interpretation of cuteness is a little different.

Just as a small difference in interpretation of scripture can lead to serious factions, Lucrezia and her sister have parted company in their interpretation of cuteness. To others, it may seem trivial, but to Lucrezia, it is an important difference.

"Even at.... it feels like a very long time to be away from Master Ramilio."

"Well, I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's okay. I was being selfish."

"No, you're welcome to your cute little selfishness."

--I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that.

It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're doing. As expected, the sister was admiring the manly Ramilio.

"What's wrong with you? I never thought you'd say something like that."

"I had a little argument with my sister about who she thought was prettier, me or Rosa."
"You have a face like a sculpture, don't you think? Don't you think I'm pretty too?"

Rosa looked up at him with her beautiful green eyes. She was hugging Ramilio.

--She's so cute, even though she's my sister.

"You know, I've told you many times, my fiancée is Lucrezia. It's not cute the way you're belittling Lucrezia."

"She may be a thorn in your side, but to me, she is the prettiest wife in the world. She is beautiful and well educated. I don't want to compare her to you, but your sister is very kind to keep you company after all this."

Ramilio pushed Rosa away somewhat roughly.

"I'm going to kick you out if you don't stop."

" ....you say that again."

"I'm not kidding."

Ramilio reminded her in a strong tone of voice to make it clear.

"If you don't change your attitude, I'll have you leave my house. I don't need rude people in my house."

Rosa fell completely silent.

--This is the girl who doesn't understand even after all this.

Lucrezia, who has been dealing with her selfishness, thought darkly.

Ramilio ignored Rosa and smiled at Lucrezia.

"I made some time for you, why don't you two talk? Of course, I won't do anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I was hoping to hear something unusual from you."

"I don't mean to be weird, but...."

"It was interesting to hear about the beehive in your garden that you could see from your upstairs window."

"That was a big deal... Every time I opened the window a bee flew in...."

Rosa childishly tapped her hand on a nearby book,

"Bang!"

She was startled by the loud sound and saw that the spine of the precious book was slightly dented.

"Rosa, take care of your books."

"I don't know!"

Rosa walked out of the study.

Lucrezia tried to follow her, but Ramilio stopped her.

"Leave it alone."

"But...."

"I don't know if she's your sister or what, but her attitude is such that I would never call her again if she was a guest. If she doesn't show any remorse, I'm going to have to ask her to leave."

".... She has nowhere else to go."

"I am the master of this house. I am the master of this house, and when I say I will, I will."

Lucrezia was in serious trouble.

--I'm sure she can't be reminded of anything.

She hadn't listened to Lucrezia's warnings in the past. I can't help but think that she's getting stubborn.

Just then, someone came rushing into the study.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation. However, we have just received word that bandits have broken into your wife's office and taken an important deed...."

Lucrezia was stunned.

It was the only thing that Lucrezia had that was worth a fortune.

I can't get a sense of reality.

I'm not sure what will happen when the asset is gone.

When Lucrezia was trembling, Ramilio put his hand on her shoulder as if to comfort her.

"I'll go with you. I'll get the carriage."

***

The scene was horrific.

Doors were broken, glass was smashed, desks and cupboards were ransacked.

The agent seemed to have been stabbed, and Lucrezia felt dizzy when she was told at the hospital that he was in critical condition.

"Oh my God...."

"I don't think you should go. Wait here. I'll go check it out."

Lucrezia waited for Ramilio's return while she and the office staff cleaned up the scene.

--Why was our house targeted? We didn't have any cash or jewelry on us.

Any kind of securities would be useless as soon as we contacted the bank. There would have been no advantage to robbing the office.

***

When Ramilio went to the hospital, the agent had just regained consciousness.

"I'm sorry, I've given you some documents. However, all assets are managed by the bank affiliated with Lucrezia's grandfather, so I thought if I contacted you, your grandfather would be able to prevent the withdrawal."

"You're good."

Ramilio said without thinking, and he slipped up as if he was proud of what he had done.

"I don't know if the bank will still be under your control then, but in the unlikely event that it is seized by Rai, whoever took the liberty of withdrawing it will be...."

Ramiro laughed.

"You may be dead."

"Yes. I wish I had moved them here sooner."

Ramilio was not human enough to wish the robbers well.

He decided that he deserved it.

"No, it's for the best, isn't it? There's no one to get in your way."

The agent seemed to have touched his scar when he laughed, and he frowned.

"....I think so too."

"Yes, I do. You've done well."

***