18 - A Woman Like The Moon

"I'm glad the Crown Prince laughed it off, but the people around you were really cold, weren't they? You should think a little more before you speak."

"Well, I am thinking! I just didn't know it by chance! I'm thinking!"

"....Well, Rosa is pretty, so I'm sure the crown prince won't take her seriously."

Every man has a soft spot for Rosa.

"It's not the ladies over there."

When the crown prince stopped talking, he looked at Rosa again.

"I remember that you have a sister."

Rosa was a little annoyed.

--Rosa was a little annoyed, "Do you need to bring that up now?"

For Rosa, her sister's name was one of the last things she wanted to hear.

"What is your sister like from your point of view? I've heard a few rumors about her. I've heard a few rumors that she lost the battle for Falco-dono and was being sarcastic to you...."

The crown prince smiled and Rosa chuckled, "That's right. She's like a bundle of pride."

Raish chuckled.

"She was as sunny, wasn't she?"

"Sunny?"

It is not my sister who has been called 'sunny' by others.

It was Rosa.

"She's not the same at all."

Raish was silent.

The people who were listening to the conversation were just watching how it went, and no one wanted to open their mouths.

--I'm not sure what's going on here.

"....I see. In this country, the moon has a bad image."

"What?....?"

"It's the opposite in our country. In our country, the opposite is true. "A man like a moon" is the highest form of praise. Our national emblem has a moon on it, doesn't it?"

The banner that Raish pointed to did indeed have a moon emblem on it.

He smiled and said, 

"I see. You've never even seen our country's coat of arms?

Rosa turned red with shame.

--I saw it, I saw it, I knew it! But you don't think the moon has that kind of meaning, do you?

She knows that there are more important things than that.

"I believe that what is more important than the ....symbol is the heart that wants to get along with the other person."

"It makes my head hurt to think that such a nimble-minded person would be in charge of negotiations. At this rate, you don't even understand the meaning of the food on the table today, do you?"

Rosa was surprised and tried to recall the dishes of the day. But I can only think it was ordinary. 

There was nothing that she felt was meaningful.

Raish chuckled.

"I can see why your sister was so bitter about it."

Rosa felt humiliated by the prickly, sarcastic way he said it.

"I'm sorry that you didn't know about... But I'm still learning. Please forgive me, I will make an effort from now on."

Raish looked at Rosa's angry face with an awakened look.