38 - A Secret Story ~ END

During the festivities that preceded New Year's Eve, Lucrezia revived an event that had long been held at the court of Pastore.

From the documents she had unearthed in the archives, she had learned that it was customary to hold a grand ritual and ball for the vassals on this day.

He asked for help from Cassia and other influential families in the territory, and thus the ritual, which had been absent for ten years, was revived.

He invited the high priest from the cathedral to offer a large prayer and invited the best orchestra to perform a new opera every day that no one had ever heard before.

He also introduced a new form of opera into the religious drama, which seemed new to the people of Pastore, who lacked entertainment facilities.

"I had no idea that religious theater could be so interesting."

"Your wife, she is from the Illuminati, isn't she? It must be fun there."

"Isn't that the latest fashion for you, Mr. Ramilio? His manliness is becoming more and more pronounced...."
"I wonder if that's what an Illuminati prince looks like."

"I like...."

--Yes, the Master is wonderful.

Lucrezia flapped out her fan to hide her expression and smiled.

"I'm sure it's the clothes that make you look like that. If you and your companions would dress up, this court would be more of a feast for the eyes."

It was Lucrezia's ambition to make the court a place where the people of Pastore could admire.

"How I look forward to the day when you are no longer in mourning, madam."

It was Madame Cassia who said she would follow suit.

"The food and the entertainment were wonderful. I was so impressed with you."

"I'm only halfway there."

"Well, then next year you'll be able to see something even better. I'm counting on you."

Lucrezia laughed in a relaxed manner because she needed him to think so.

If they want to come back next year, and the year after that, the court will become even more prosperous.

"Ramilio."

At the beginning of the dance, Lucrezia finally had a chance to talk to Ramilio alone.

"You know how many times I have been envied today? People say that you look like a prince."

"Give me a break."

Lucrezia knew that the disgusted look on her face was a cover for embarrassment.

"You are dreaming, my dear. Be careful not to break it."

"I don't know, rumors to have a way of saying things."

They passed each other with gentle steps, facing each other, dancing, and talking lightly to each other.

"I don't know, rumors are quite self-serving."

"You've dressed me so flamboyantly again. You look like a phoenix."

The golden bird, which was said to come back from the flames, looked so much like Ramilio's clothes that Lucrezia had a hard time not laughing out loud.

"It suits you very well," she said. "It looks so good on you, with your jet-black hair."

"Well, I hope you're happy with it."

"I'm very happy!"
The crimson embroidery matched Ramilio's sharp gaze like a bird of prey when he suddenly relaxed, although he only showed Lucrezia a soft, overly sweet smile.

She and Ramilio danced several dances, laughing.

After a short break, Lucrezia went back upstairs to her study, accompanied by Ramilio.

It was late at night, no one was home, and when the door was closed, it was pitch black.

She heard a click and realized that the candle had been placed somewhere else.

"Lucrezia!"

I walked up to him and was suddenly hugged by him.

No more words were needed.

We kissed and hugged each other tightly in silence.

"The end of ....mourning is long. We still have six months to go?"

She giggled at Ramilio's blurting out, and Lucrezia basked in her happiness.

***