17 - Inedible Hawks

It was a starry night and Rosa was riding in her carriage to the embassy of Rai.

A party was to be held here tonight.

And today she wore the mountain of jewels that her sister Lucrezia had left behind. From the buckles on my shoes to my hair ornaments, they are all covered in diamonds.

--It's amazing, my whole body sparkles.

I especially liked the large diamond earring in the shape of a droplet, which looked great against Rosa's dainty strawberry blonde hair.

And serving as her escort was Rosa's proud fiancé.

Falco's blond hair was tied up with a modern ribbon, and he was wearing tight-fitting pants that showed off the shape of his slender legs. He was so manly that Rosa couldn't help but admire him.

"Rosa, you look exceptionally beautiful today. I want to make love to you right now."

"Oh, Falco-sama!"

--I'm so happy to be married to such a wonderful person.

The man seemed to be from the Kingdom of Rai, with a remarkably tall, sturdy, muscular build and a sharp look in his eyes. His skin was white and his hair was black.

He had white skin and dark hair.

"I am Crown Prince Raish of Rai."

He smiled at her, and Rosa pouted. He is also as cool as Falco.

The crown prince of Rai was pleased when Rosa showed off her newly learned greetings.

"You're very good."

--She smiled back and inwardly felt proud of himself.

I was annoyed that she was trying to assert her dominance over me at every turn. I want to overwrite all of Lucrezia's remaining good reputation in the court by making Rosa like me here.

Rosa finished her dinner without a hitch, showing off the things she had studied beforehand.

After the meal, we moved to the common room.

Seeing Crown Prince Raish again, Rosa felt a faint flutter in her chest. Right now, she wanted to have a conversation with Raish rather than Falco who was standing next to her.

Rosa went straight to Raish and spoke to him.

"Thank you for inviting me for dinner. It was very delicious."

He looked a little dubious, but then he smiled at her.

"Thank you. I'm glad you said that. But... are you sure? I think it was Mrs. Wadja who invited you."

She looked at Rosa, who was staring at her as if she had just seen something incredible.

--What is it?

Rosa was a little curious, but she didn't think too much about it.

--He's jealous of me again anyway.

The lovely Rosa was the object of jealousy wherever she went, and she was often scowled at by women like this when she spoke to men.

Rosa knew that her country, was male-dominated, and it was a major breach of etiquette for a woman to talk to a man by herself. But Rosa had always admired the heroines in romance novels who actively talked to various men.

--What's the big deal if I just talk to him myself? You're old-fashioned, aren't you?

I think it's just an excuse for unattractive women who are afraid they won't be taken seriously.