Chapter 20

Erica scurried around her room as she threw the pieces for her costume on the bed. She’d overslept and Deacan would be there soon to pick her up. For some reason, she couldn’t remember where she’d put her cat ears and she was getting frustrated. Instead of continuing to look, she decided to shower and relax then she’d look again. Grabbing a towel, she stripped out her clothes and headed for her bathroom. The doorbell rang, signaling Deacan's arrival.

She wrapped up and ran downstairs. Looking through the peephole to make sure it was him, she opened the door and his mouth dropped open immediately. He was momentarily frozen. She had captivated him again like every other time he saw her. Deacan hoped she never stopped having that effect on him.

Finally, he was able to speak. “Not that I mind, but I don’t think that’s an appropriate costume for the public.”

Erica stepped aside to let him in. When the door was closed, he had her pressed up against it in no time. He gently glided his lips across her skin, subtle licks mixed in. Goosebumps spread along her arms as he placed his hands inside her towel, trailing his fingers up her sides. He delicately rubbed his thumbs across her nipples and Erica let out a whimper. Deacan continued with light licks and soft kisses on her neck and drifted one hand down her stomach to between her thighs.

She opened her legs and two of his fingers slipped inside her. He slowly stroked her to orgasm and Erica felt like she was soaring. Deacan knew how to work her body; always leaving her satisfied. When she finished, his lips latched to hers and the intensity of the kiss had her ready for him again. He pulled back from her, holding her face, and smiled.

“Hi.”

Erica giggled and blew out a breath. “That was a helluva greeting!” She stepped around him and took in his costume. He decided to dress up as Shaft so he had a small afro wig with porkchop sideburns. He wore a long mahogany leather trench coat with a black turtleneck and black slacks. She took it all in and smirked. “Well aren’t you a bad mother!”

Deacan jumped in and finished the line, “Shut yo mouth!” They laughed and then he waved his hand, referencing her outfit. “I don’t remember Catwoman dressing in a towel.”

Erica explained that she overslept and was getting in the shower when he arrived. She went upstairs with him following behind. They entered her room and Erica headed straight for the shower. Stepping in as soon as the water was warm, she let out a satisfied sigh. As she washed herself, humming some song, Deacan came to the doorway and cleared his throat. She turned to him and smiled.

“Have you seen or talked to Jonathan?”

The smile fell from her face and she chuckled. “Where did that come from?”

“Just curious so I asked,” he stated as he crossed his arms over his chest. It was then Erica noticed her phone in his hand.

“Why do you have my phone,” she asked as she grabbed the towel from the counter and wrapped it around herself. “Were you trying to go through my phone?!”

Deacan started to pass her the phone then paused at the accusation. “What? No! It vibrated and I picked it up. Why? Do I need to check your phone?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” She snatched the phone from his hand as she walked past him, mumbling to herself. Deacan stayed in the doorway and continued on.

“Why are you so upset? You hiding something?”

The indignation settled on her face and she frowned at him. “Deacan, accuse me again and my mouth is gonna get real reckless.” She stomped around the room, gathering her lotion and deodorant then sat on the bed.