CHAPTER 1

Erica rushed across the parking lot to the door of her townhouse. She was so excited about her loan approval and couldn't wait to tell Jonathan. As she walked through the door, she heard a banging noise coming from upstairs. Her feet carried her to the spare bedroom, dread snaking around inside her with each step. Standing outside the door, she heard a woman's voice. It was breathy and lustful. It was also very recognizable.

"Oh...yes...give it to me!"

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. The voice belonged to Jennifer, Jonathan's assistant and her co-worker. Erica slowly pushed the door open and confirmed what she already knew.  There was Jennifer riding her boyfriend. His hands gripped her waist. Her blond hair swayed back and forth in rhythm to their rocking. Their moans were deafening and competed with the thumping of her heart. She felt her blood rushing through her veins.  Watching them caused bile to rise in her throat.

"I HATE YOU!"

The vase of flowers sailed across the room, shattering when it collided with the headboard. Water and glass sprayed across the two "lovers", interrupting their special time together. Erica didn't usually condone violence, but she'd make an exception since Jonathan had his díck inside Jennifer! Jennifer shrieked from the surprise impact and Jonathan bucked so hard from the water and glass hitting him that he threw Jennifer off of him. She fell to the floor.

"You raggedy, no good, ass! Jennifer, if you don't want to die today, I suggest you get out!" Erica screamed at her.

"Erica! Please let me -"

Erica could feel the rage pushing full steam ahead. If Jennifer didn't get out of her home, she was going to jail tonight for murder. Well...maybe just aggravated assault.

Jonathan sat frozen in the bed. He hadn't moved or said anything since Erica walked in.  His face was that of a man caught red-handed, eyes wide and frightened. Erica picked up Jennifer's clothes and threw them at her. Then she grabbed her arm and yanked her up from the floor. Jennifer stumbled as she was hauled toward the front door.

"At least let me get dressed!" she begged.

Erica's fingers dug into Jennifer's arm as she pulled her down the hall, then the stairs.  "Be glad I haven't knocked your teeth down your throat!"  She flung the door open and put Jennifer outside, naked in all her glory.

"Since you didn't care about the fact that he was taken and you have NO shame, I'm sure you don't care about the world seeing your tail! Stay the hell away from me or you won't like what happens!"

She slammed the door in Jennifer’s face. Her chest heaved as she turned to address the cause of the high blood pressure she was feeling. The headache that was storming in hadn't been there before. Her blood pounded in her ears, begging for release. Erica rushed back to the spare bedroom (at least he had the decency to do it there and not in her bed) and Jonathan was pulling on his boxers.

"Babe, just calm down. We can talk about this," he pleaded as soon as she walked in the room.

Erica stared at him incredulously and balked, "Babe? Calm down? Talk? You must be out your rabid ass mind! I don't want to hear ANYTHING from you. As a matter of fact, get dressed and get out!"

"You have to let me explain!"

"The only thing I have to do is stay black and die! Now, get the hell out before you see my other side."

He started to walk toward her and was made to regret it. The shoe flew past his head, narrowly missing him, and Jonathan flinched. His eyes burned with anger as he stared Erica down.

"I missed on purpose. Come any closer and my fist won't miss!"

Jonathan's anger transformed into shock. He knew she had a temper from stories she'd told, but he'd never seen it or been on the receiving end of it. Erica grabbed his shirt and jeans and threw them at him.