Chapter 37

"So y'all were able to get y’all ladies off?" Deacan asked Clark and Colin as he sat glasses down on the table.

"You know Superman always comes through!" Clark exclaimed as he poured tequila in his glass.

Colin gagged as he reached for the orange juice. "Clark, neither of us is ever gonna call you that. Leave that to Sheri. PLEASE!"

"Whatever, man," Clark replied before sipping his drink.

Deacan chuckled at his friends then continued, "Great. You guys will meet me and Erica at the cabin Friday morning. We'll get there Thursday to set up. I booked the winery and spa trip. They also have a band this weekend covering Motown hits so that should be cool."

Clark got excited at that. "Alright now! I get to dance up on my baby!" The others just shook their heads at him.

While they continued making plans and watched sports highlights, Jennifer sat outside Deacan's house, fuming. She should've been the one going on this trip with Deacan. Erica didn't deserve all this affection and love she was getting. Yeah, she'd cheated on Deacan, but that was a mistake. He loved her, wanted to marry her, so he should've been able to forgive her. She was willing to do whatever he wanted to make it up to him. All he had to do was give her a chance.

She watched him smiling, happy talking about Erica. It made her sick. And then there's Clark, encouraging him. She thought Clark liked her. He should've been telling Deacan to give her another chance.

"Now Jennifer, Erica is Clark's friend. He's not going to be on your side," she said aloud.

"But he should be! I'm the better choice!" she shouted to herself.

Tired of being so close to him and not able to do anything about it, Jennifer drove home. Living out in House Springs, Missouri, she was afforded the privacy she needed.

She walked into the kitchen and pulled a bottle of wine from the refrigerator. While pouring, she heard a noise in the living room. Grabbing her glass, she made her way there to greet her guest.

"Well, hello, Jonathan. Nice to see you," Jennifer said with great sarcasm. She was still upset about the last time they were together. He'd choked her, making her fight for air as he reached climax. She liked it rough, but that was too far.

Jonathan said nothing. He watched her as she sat on the couch across from him.

"I just left Deacan's," she went on talking as Jonathan shifted and quirked an eyebrow, "and no, your precious Erica wasn't there."

He sighed and rolled his neck.

"But, I got some good information about her."

"What information?"

Jennifer took a sip of her wine and laughed. "So eager!" She laughed at him again and continued, "Our plan will commence next weekend. The little crew is going on a trip to Lake of the Ozarks. We're going to meet them there. You'll get Erica back and I'll get Deacan."

Jonathan smiled at this and relaxed. Soon this whole thing would be over and he'd be rid of Jennifer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know, I know...this super short chapter! I couldn't see making it longer without filling it with fluff. The next chapter won't be this short.

We're heading into the showdown. What do you think will happen? Will Jennifer get what she wants? She really believes she can get Deacan to take her back. Jonathan's in her corner so he'll help...right? STAY TUNED AND HAPPY READING!