| Chapter Eight + I plead the fifth |

I was in deep shit.

Not only did I miss two practices (and I knew Coach was going to have my ass for it), my cousin left yesterday and left me to deal with the aftermath of her mess. The mess that she started because of that horrible game of Never Have I Ever. It was funny how life worked.

Not.

The whole day yesterday, Monday, was basically me helping her pack and driving her to the airport and whatnot. Also, the test that I had been studying for? I think I flunked it. My mind was on everything else but those questions. Also another weird thing happened, Ty was there throughout the whole day. Helping her pack, packing the stuff up in the car and came with us to the airport. I raised my eyebrow at that, but didn't feel like wasting my energy on trying to figure out what her and Ty are. Wasn't my business.

Anyways about me being in deep shit pertaining to cheer, I was definitely in it. One practice was already enough for my coach to throw a fit, but I missed two and didn't inform her ass about it? She was going to have my ass. Probably just yell at me for a good twenty minutes about goals and committed and whatnot then continue with practice. But still, who wanted to get yelled at?

Not for me and that was the exact reason why I woke up a little earlier on this Tuesday morning. Got what I needed to get done in my dorm, went down to grab a quick breakfast because I knew this morning was going to be hell. (A banana a day keeps the dumbass wife away.) And walked all the way down to the locker rooms with a smile on my face. If I came in with a positive attitude this morning, maybe coach would follow me in suit and not be mad?

Wrong.

The second practice had started, her eyes were on me. And for the next twenty minutes - she went on her rant about missing practices, being a team, commitment blah blah blah and all that shit I said before. Guess it did serve me right. I missed two practices without informing her, I talk shit about her, and gah I sucked her husband's dick. But she didn't know about that last thing right?

Wrong.

She said the words, "Sevyn, I need you to meet me in my office after practice." In a firm tone and then I saw her eyes shift and land on her husband then back to me.

Fuck. She did know. Who told her? Duh, the only other person who was there. Shit.

"Yeah, sure, no problem." I stated worriedly. "Do you know what for?"

"Yes and you will know too when I see you after practice. Now, we wasted too much time already." She backed away from me and blew her whistle, getting everyones attention. "Places everyone. Better hope it has been perfected from yesterday." She blew her whistle again. "No slackers. That includes you Sevyn."

Fuck off, was what I wanted to say to her, but I held my tongue and planted a smile on my face instead.

Practice was shit. Practice was hard. Practice was a whole bunch of hard shit. As usual. But if I didn't know any better, I would think she was trying to make me suffer a little extra this morning. Damn, punishing me because her husband couldn't keep it in his pants? Literally. He literally couldn't keep his dick in his pants as he stated so many times that night.

Shit, was this a bad time to think about it? And/or be bragging about it? I was about to get thrown off the team, everyone around school giving me disgusting looks and about to tear a marriage apart. But fuck, how did my hair look? I wanted to talk to coach Epps today, but not with a messed up outfit or face or-

"Sev, you good? I know coach was being a fucking pain today."

My oh so wonderful friend, Kiana, asked. The girl who had been non stop crying because of a guy named Trey. Stupid ass name, if I had to say. And here she was asking me, if I was okay? "I'm better than ever. But Ki, how are you? Trey still blowing up your phone?"