CH 26: Moments

Chapter 26: Moments (X POV)

I wake with a start. A small hand is tapping my chest, but the hand is not as small as the one I was expecting. Izza and I had fallen asleep on the couch as I read to her from her favorite book. She is not on my chest anymore. I open my eyes quickly to be faced with the most beautiful woman I have ever meet.

"Where's Izza?" I ask trying to scramble to my feet.

"It's fine. I moved her to her bed. You know where she should be sleeping." Lexi's voice is filled with her annoyance. She hates when I let Izza sleep anywhere but her bed. She says it makes it harder for her to get Izza to sleep when I'm not here.

Knowing that Izza is safe, I wrap an arm around Lexi and pull her on top of me. "If you were her, how would you resist falling asleep right here?" I bury my face in her neck and kiss down the soft skin of her neck. Her legs hug my waist.

Lexi shifts her hips over mine and her soft core connects with my hard one. She is wearing a dress that is now bunched up around her waist. I can feel the evidence of her arousal as it seeps through my gym shorts and dampens my cock.

A small thought blooms in the back of my head "Why is Lexi wearing a dress?" I push the thought aside instead choosing to enjoy the feel of my mate in my arms. She is willing and ready. She rides me over my clothes as if I were inside her. Goddess I want... No, I need to be inside her. Fill her with my rod and fuck her till the only name she can remember is mine. And the only reason she remembers my name is that she has been screaming it for hours.

"X... X" She cries out. I'm about to cum just from her dry humping me.

"X, wake the fuck up, you perv." Lexi's voice chimes through as I feel cold water being dumped over my head.

I sit up to find Lexi dressed as I imagined her in my dream. But as she looks down at me from her standing position she does not look very happy. "Where's Izza?" I ask with my voice full of sleep.

"I moved her into her room. I'd appreciate it if you didn't have wet dreams while our daughter sleeps on your chest." She folds her arms over her chest causing her breasts to be pushed up in her dress. Fuck I want to bury my face between them. I was just dreaming of them bouncing in my face.

"Sure I'll get right on controlling what I dream about. And it wasn't a wet dream." It nearly was, but I'm on the defensive so I won't admit what I was dreaming of.

It has been over five years since we amended our agreement. Lexi's kept to her word and has moved into the packhouse with me. I split the top floor and made one side a condo for her and the other side a condo for me. Izza has a room in both condos. Lexi is Luna to my Pack, but she has also never revisited my bed. Unless you count in my dreams, which she doesn't.

"Yeah right, that's why you were moaning my name." Fuck if I can deny that.

I change the subject. "Why are you dressed up?" She looks away. "Did you have another date with him?"

"We just had dinner X. He is just an old friend. There is no need to make a big deal of it." She sighs and goes to leave. We have been having this argument a lot lately.

"Do you want to be with him?" I don't want the answer to be yes, but if it is I will need to find a way to expel her hold on me.

"I don't know." She says her voice is small.

"Great just great Lex. You play with my feelings and all I get is I don't know. I know I messed up in the past, but you won't even give me a chance to fix it. But for him..." I bang my hand onto the coffee table. I wish it was his face. "He left you once before. He may not have known you carried his pup but he still left you for his mate. Just because she died doesn't mean he gets a free pass. What if he finds his second chance mate? Would he do the same to you again? I have waited for five years for you to give me a chance. I have thought of nothing but you, and all I get is the cold shoulder."