5: Text Me

Chapter 5: Text Me (Xander's POV)

I had just gotten back to the house when I was mind-linked by X. "So, how did it go."

I just shut the mind-link and didn't answer. I'm not exactly thrilled about this whole situation. It's not right what he is doing to Lexi. He should just reject her and mark V. Or go all for it with Lexi and leave V alone. I just can't be too mad at him because if I weren't so fucked up, he wouldn't have to do that either. I like Lexi. She is sweet, kind, humble, and supportive. She is not afraid of me and she is sexy as hell. I can't think of her that way though. She is my brother's mate. My wolf has been fighting me hard to take her anyway. I'll have to make sure he is kept happy another way.

I ran into X in the kitchen, and he asked aloud, "Are you just going to ignore me."

I shrugged; X growled. "I think she's going to do it," I told him with a sigh. "But she's not happy about it. Neither am I. So, you better not be a dick to her. I'd hate to have to bash in your pretty face."

He gave me a half-smile. I know he's not happy about this either. That made me feel a lot better about my brother. I clapped him on the shoulder, grabbed a family-sized bag of chips, and ascended the stairs to my room.

It was a mess in here. Most of my furniture is broken. Lucifer has gone into a destructive mode, too many times to count. He has been good since I started my new meds. He has been even calmer since we were with Courtney earlier today, other than when we found Lexi naked. It was a struggle to keep control. Just now instead of unleashing a beast of rage, my beast is raging with lust.

Lucifer is such a horny bastard. So am I. I can't fault him for that. Due to our mental state, I have tried to stay away from temptation and have done well.

Well, except for... Nope, I do not allow myself to think about that. X would kill me if he knew I fantasized about V. She has started in more of my wet dreams than anyone else, but I'm not allowed to act on that particular desire. So I try to distract myself in other ways.

That reminds me Court gave me her number. I opened my phone and found that a picture had been taken. I don't remember taking it so there is a good chance Lucifer did it. The picture was of Lexi sleeping on the rock.

"Dude, she's our brother's mate." I scolded him.

"Yeah, but she is ginger all the way down. You see, just there. She likes to be close to us. She is not afraid." Lucifer reminded me.

I shook my head at my wolf. He is such a horny asshole. "Courtney didn't seem afraid of us." V has never been afraid of us but she is more untouchable than X's mate. My wolf starts to imagine all three girls spread out, wet and wanton. I shift our focus back to Courtney. Courtney is safe to fantasize about.

"Mmmm... Courtney tasted so good. She was so warm and soft." He reminded me, making my gym shorts stretch at the thought of her.

I noticed that my wolf was somehow smart enough to put the picture into a locked folder. That you need our fingerprint to access. I scrolled through my phone until I found Courtney's number and sent her a text.

Me: Hey... It's Xander. I just realized you didn't have my number.

Court: I didn't think I would hear from you for days. If I heard from you at all. Isn't that normal guy code.

Me: I'm not your normal guy Cherry. I don't play games.

Court: Cherry? I like it.

Me: What else do you like sweetness.

Court: I like your corny attempt at hitting on me.