3: I'm Sorry

Chapter 3: I'm Sorry (Xavier's POV)

When we made it to the house, I decided it was best to sit down and talk to V, before Xand brings my mate. V and I have been together for four years now. She's fun, not clingy, and she hasn't ever complained when I brought someone else back to our bed.

We've never said that we were a couple, but she practically lives with me. She sits in my lap while I do my Alpha work and keeps me calm. I would never mark a woman, but V is the closest thing to a committed relationship I have ever had.

I got us settled together in my office chair with my arms wrapped around her waist. I don't want to give her up. I don't want to have a mate. My life was going so well. I snuggled her closer to me and kissed her shoulder.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked laying her head back on my chest.

"My mate is here."

"Oh. Who is she?"

"One of Martha's relatives. I don't even know her name. Xand is supposed to bring her by later."

I felt her whole-body tense. I kissed her neck trying to show her that I do care about her. "So, what are you going to do." She asked nervously.

"I don't know. I would love to just reject her, but I need to make an heir. I don't want her. I want you. I want to continue life as if this never happened. I wish I could just get their heir part without the mate."

"Then why don't you just tell her that. You can have your heir and then reject her. She can move on and find someone to make her happy."

"You make it sound so simple. What would you do if your mate showed up tomorrow?"

"That would depend on you. I would reject my mate in a heartbeat if you made me yours." I would never let her do that.

"You know I won't do that." V wants to be my chosen mate, but you can't choose a mate until after you either reject your mate, or your mate dies.

"It's not a decision that I have to make today, but you have to decide what you want to do," V said as she shifted in my lap. More like grinding her sweet bottom into my hardness. She ran her hands up her full chest and moaned in my lap.

V just gets me. I sucked her neck and replaced her hands with my own. I trailed south knowing that she was already wet and wanting. Once she is nice and juicy, I picked her up, removed her little black dress, and bend her over my desk. I reached into my right drawer for my supply of condoms while dropping my pants. I removed my tie and placed it around her neck, then run a hand down her spine while I continued to remove my suit.

She presses back against me, earning a low growl in response. I rubbed myself against her wetness wanting nothing more than to enter uncovered, but I can't until after I have made my heir. I pulled back and wrapped the condom over my hardness and slowly enter her from behind. I moved in slow but deliberate strokes.

I didn't just want to fuck V. I wanted her to know it wasn't just sex, that I care about her, and this is the only way I knew how to show her. It was hot and passionate.

We had been caught up in each other for a long time when I heard the door open and then quickly slam close. There was a commotion and yelling coming from outside the door. Fuck, Xand is here with my mate. I pulled out of V and found some shorts in the cabinet behind us. I kissed V before I went to leave the room. I mind-linked her to lock the door behind me as I faced my angry mate.

"Ummm... Hi," I said ruffling my hair and sending a small smile at her.

At that moment Xander let her go before saying, "Hey bro, meet Lexi your mate. She may kill you. I'm going back to the party. Have fun." Then he turned and left me alone to deal with my pissed-off mate.