8: Break Stuff

Chapter 8: Break Stuff (Lexi's POV)

I had just taken the soufflés out of the oven when I heard the stairs creak. I could smell his breakfast scent mix with what I was already cooking and it was spot on. I had figured it out. Another smell of candy apples lingered with him too and it made me sad. She was here. Even after a shower, her scent was still there.

I had just finished putting the last soufflé on the cooling rack when he entered the kitchen.

Xander's face was unreadable and his breathing was erratic.

"What's wrong," I asked.

His eyes changed from blue to black in that instant and he started trashing the kitchen. Tables, chairs, dishes, and anything else that wasn't tied down went flying. It was like some had shouted Hulk Smash at Bruce Banner. Not a single thing touched me, as I stayed glued to my spot. I was stuck. I wanted to yell out his name and make him stop, but Akira told me to stay still. I silently cried as I stood there. The last thing was the kitchen island. He flipped it and smashed it. Finding the breakfast I made and stomping on it like it would hurt someone.

Once everything was destroyed he turns his black eyes on me. I backed away toward the counter. He stopped just inches from me. Roughly grabbing my hips he placed me on the counter and stood between my legs. "Why did you have to make them?" He growls once I was at eye level with him.

"Why?" He roars only an inch from my face.

"What's wrong? What did I do?" I ask trembling in fear?

At that moment Xavier crashed his way into the kitchen. "Xand, get away from her." He growled pulling Xander back and slamming him against the wall. "I thought you were fucking better. What happened?"

Xander walked to the corner and cowered down as if he had been whipped. He places his head in his hands as he crouches down. X chooses this moment to turn on me. "What did you do?"

"What do you mean? What did I do? Nothing. I made breakfast." I shouted back pointing at the smashed soufflés on the floor.

"Fuck." Is all X replied as he turned to his brother? He held him in his arms as if he were cradling a child. "She didn't know bro. I'm sorry."

"What did I do." I cried back.

Xand lifted his head. His eyes had returned to their beautiful clear blue, but they were brimmed with tears. What had I done? How did I break him? I know that he's sensitive, but I can't imagine what I did to cause this.

"I appreciate your cooking, Lexi, but I think this particular item should be added to the list of things that you never make again. At least while you are in our house." X called back in a cold voice, before exiting the kitchen. It hurt that he pointed out that I'm in their house.

I climbed off of the counter and cautiously made my way over to Xand. I knelt in front of him and placed a hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry. I didn't know it would trigger you."

"You shouldn't have to be sorry. I'm just fucked up. I can't believe this happened. I've been doing so well. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No. I'm fine. Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him as I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him to me, doing my best to comfort him.

"No. At least not right now. X is right though. I would have rather came downstairs to the smell of coffee and chocolate chip cookies than to that." He spoke directly into my ear and nuzzled into my neck. His nose grazing the sensitive spot behind my ear. The sensation traveled lower as adrenaline was still pumping me. He pulled me closer to him to where I was straddling his lap. A small whimper escaped my throat at this action. I'm sure the smell of my arousal held heavy in the air.

"What the actual fuck." A redhead growls from the steps. Shooting daggers at me as if she wanted to rip my head off.

"Shit. Court. It's not what it looks like." He said disentangling himself from me and walking closer to her.

She backed away as he approached. "What the hell is going on." She continued to shout.

"I had a bad moment this morning. I was apologizing to Lexi. She's Xavier's mate. I know we weren't in the best positions when you came in and I know it looks like a hurricane hit down here. Can we just go upstairs and talk?" He asked holding his hands up while he took slow steps forward.

"Talk? Yeah, we can talk. How about we talk right now. You can explain to me why you have nude pictures of that slut on your phone." She screamed even louder.

"What?" I asked in shock as I turned to look at Xander. He just shook his head.

"I ummm..." Xander tries to explain as he ran a hand through his long dark hair. "Court please just listen to me."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought you were a good guy. But you spent all night fucking me and the next morning I find you with this bitch in your arms. You make me sick. I'm done. I can't believe I considered having your pups." She screamed at him and stomped out of the house.

"Court. Baby wait. Please we need to talk about this." He shouted and ran after her.

I began trying to clean up the kitchen. It was pointless. I needed a dump truck just to come to take all the furniture away.

I found myself sitting on the kitchen counter when he returned.

He was pissed, you could tell as he slammed the front door behind him. So I guess things didn't go well. "I'll have someone come and clean this up. I'm sorry about all this. I'm sorry that she said those things about you. I'm sorry that you got in the middle of my bullshit. You have your own shit to deal with. You don't need my drama as well."

"It's okay. I would have had the same reaction if I was her." I told him and then I smirked, deciding a mood change was needed, before asking, "So what's this, I hear about nude pictures of me?"

"Oh, the day I found you by the waterfall. Apparently, Lucifer took some pictures, and I didn't delete them. I should have but I didn't. She must have gone through my phone. I'm not okay with that. Some other things happened last night that I'm not okay with, but I guess I'll have to let her cool down and we'll figure it out then." He replied with a sad shrug. "I need to go take care of some things. Order food from where ever you want. I'll have someone here soon to fix this." His shoulders were slumped as he disappeared upstairs.

I decided that I wasn't hungry anymore and that I just wanted to relax. I went back to my room grabbed my swimsuit and decided to sink into the hot tub outback.

I spent most of that day in the warm water thinking over what had happened that morning. X is my mate and he was so cold. Xand is so traumatized by his past that he really can be triggered by the littlest thing. Courtney said they had slept together and that crushed me. I know he's not mine, but my mate doesn't want me. Xander is crazy, yes, but he at least pays attention to me. He is so sweet and sensitive. Not to mention he looks like a Greek god that has been carved from stone. He has held me in his arms twice and the comfort I feel from him is more than I have felt from anyone in a long time.

I was starting to get too hot and sweat while I was in the tub, so I decided it was time to get out. I was still too warm and decided I needed to retreat into the air conditioning.

I had made it into the living room when I was pushed against the wall. A firm body was pressed into my back. There was something else hard pressed against my rear.

"Little mate, your heat is coming and it's about time to make my heir," X whispered in my ear as he undid the ties to my swimsuit.