Chapter 118: A New Outlook

So this chapter was originally supposed to come after From The Moon To The Stars To The Sun

So this chapter was originally supposed to come after From The Moon To The Stars To The Sun. I didn't bother to change much.
Anyway, hope everyone had a great Easter Weekend. God Bless and Goodnight 💙🙂
__________

August 11th

"All packed up?"

"Yup, just gotta add a couple more dresses to this suitcase."

Jess was going on the Monsters Of Rock Tour with Motley Crue. Fred wanted her to come so they could spend some time together. I think they're at the point where they were ready to start moving in together once they got back. I haven't told Jess that I'm engaged to Nikki yet. I feel like I need to tell my mom first before anyone else. If she approves, I'll announce it to everyone. If she doesn't... well, I haven't gotten that far.

"Wish I could go."

"Well." She smiled. "You can always tell Michael Jackson n-"

"Absolutely not!" I shook my head chuckling. "I would never turn down working with him for anybody! I'd cancel my wedding if it meant being in this video."

We both burst out laughing.

"I'm happy I'm going. It gets me away from all this stuff with Tamara and LA models."

"You need the vacation. Even if it's with Motley. And they're going to be a handful."

"Oh, I know." She nods. "But I'm looking forward to it."

I grabbed one of her suitcases and brought it by the door. She followed me out of her room, leaving her second suitcase by the door as well.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure," I say as I sit across from Jess on the couch.

"Now, I don't want you to get upset over this. And I haven't made a final decision yet. I haven't even told Fred. But I want you to know that you come first in my life. I know I'm no Tamara. I didn't meet you when you were a kid, but I feel as though I raised you. You know... like a mom." She chuckles.

"You did Jess." I smile.

"I was thinking... of leaving LA Models." She said nervously looking at me. "I'm turning 33. And I'm ready to settle down with Fred to start a life with him. A family. And I don't want to deal with Tamara's shit. But I promised I was never going to leave you-"

"You don't have to worry about me."

"Yes, I do-"

"No, you don't." I smile and grab her hands in mine. "You have been so supportive of me since you've met me. You defended me against Nikki when he was on drugs, you protected me from Tamara when she was violent towards me, you listened to me when no one else would, you put up with crap, you've kept my secrets, and you've been more than an assistant to me. You're my first best friend. I've never had that before. I've never had someone I could trust and tell all my secrets to. You've been my champion from day one even when we couldn't see things eye to eye. So, I want you to leave LA Models and have your life with Fred. I think it would be foolish of you to stick around all this. I have plans of my own as well. And I'm going to follow them. So, you don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine."