Y3: Guilty

"Is the Harry Potter trying to be my friend?"

Violet sat on a red couch in the Gryffindor common room. She slid her knees up to her chest and let her thoughts overwhelm her. Why was she so rude? Why did she make such a big deal about it? Why can't she control herself better? Why did she run? She probably made Harry feel like rubbish. She didn't kill He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, she wasn't making false claims on the Daily Prophet either, and she definitely didn't love murdering people as much as her mother, but she still felt guilty.

Harry waited outside the Potions classroom, waiting for class to start. When he should've been thinking about the Potions homework he had forgotten to do (even though Hermione had reminded him multiple times), he was thinking about Violet. He felt bad for her even tho he was just worried and she lashed out and him and ran away. It's not like it was his fault... right?

⚯🔮📖⚡

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus Finnigan announced to the whole Gryffindor table during lunch time.
"Who?" asked Ginny.
"Sirius Black!" Seamus answered.

By now, the whole Gryffindor table and a few students from other houses gathered around Seamus who held a newspaper. The newspaper read:
'THE DAILY PROPHET
Sirius Black, Azkaban Escapee has been sighted in Duff Town.'
"Duff Town?! That's not far from here!" Hermione cried.
"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked.
"He got past them once, I bet he could do it twice," Seamus said.

⚯🔮📖⚡

Violet was still sitting on the couch when she heard the door open. She expected whoever entered to just pass by her and head to their dorm.

"Hey, uh it's time for Defence Against The Dark Arts- if you go to that kind of thing," Harry told her.
Violet was startled when she heard his voice. Harry was worried that she would run off again but she let out a chuckle.

"By 'that sorta thing' you mean class? Then yeah, I go to 'that sorta thing'." Violet responded.
"So uh, let's go..?" Harry said.
"You, Harry Potter, are a complete dork," she laughed, leading him to their next class.

⚯🔮📖⚡

The third-year Gryffindors and Slytherins all sat down and took out their books. Professor Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk.
"Good afternoon," he said. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags? Today will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands. Now follow me," instructed Professor Lupin.

Puzzled but interested, the class got to their feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the classroom. He led them down a corridor and then stopped, right outside a door.
"Inside, please," said Professor Lupin.

The room was completely empty except for one old wardrobe.
"There's a boggart in there," Professor Lupin explained.
Neville gave the professor a look of shrill terror and Violet eyed the rattling doorknob.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces like Wardrobes and the gap beneath beds. This one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if he would leave it so I could give my third years some practice. So, the first question we must ask ourselves is, what is a Boggart?" Lupin added.
Hermione immediately raised her hand.
"Miss Granger?" Lupin asked.
"It's a shape-shifter, It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us the most," Hermione responded.

"Couldn't have put it better myself." Lupin smiled, "So the Boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a Boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears," Lupin said.
Violet didn't know what her biggest fear was to be completely honest. It could be anything. Probably something she wasn't ready to risk people knowing about.