Y3: Slashed Curtains

"WATCH OUT, VIOLET!"

Violet went down to breakfast the next morning with the rest of the girls in her dormitory. They'd all managed to make it up and out of bed in time for the Quidditch match.

As Harry entered the Great Hall, heads turned in the direction of the Firebolt, and there was a good deal of excited muttering. Violet was still stunned at how nobody was fangirling over her broom the way they did to Harry's, they both had a Firebolt.

"Did you see his face?" said Ron gleefully, looking back at Draco. "He can't believe it! This is brilliant! Put it here, Harry," he said, laying the broom in the middle of the table and carefully turning it so that its name faced upward. Even people from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were coming over to look.

"Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" said a cold, drawling voice.
Draco had arrived for a closer look as well, Crabbe and Goyle right behind him as usual.
"Yeah, reckon so," said Harry casually.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" said Malfoy, eyes glittering maliciously. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute- in case you get too near a Dementor."
Crabbe and Goyle sniggered.
"I will hex your broom and make sure you need a parachute, Draco," Violet said bitterly.
"Ooh! I'm so scared!" said Draco sarcastically. "Got yourself another girlfriend, Potter?"
"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy," said Harry. "Then it could catch the Snitch for you."
Draco's eyes narrowed as he walked away, rejoining the rest of the Slytherin team.

At a quarter to eleven, the Gryffindor team set off for the locker rooms. The weather couldn't have been more different from their match against Hufflepuff. It was a clear, cool day with a very light breeze. They could hear the rest of the school moving into the stadium.
"You know what we've got to do," said Wood as they prepared to leave the locker rooms. "If we lose this match, we're out of the running. Just fly as you did in practice yesterday, and we'll be okay!"

They walked out onto the field. The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, was already standing in the middle of the field. Their Seeker, Cho Chang, was the only girl on their team.
"Wood, Davies, shake hands," Madam Hooch said briskly, and Wood shook hands with the Ravenclaw Captain.
"Mount your brooms ... on my whistle ... three-two-one!"

Violet kicked off into the air.
"They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Harry Potter- and Violet Lestrange is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship-"
"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice.
"Right you are Professor, just giving a bit of background information. Gryffindor in possession, Violet Lestrange of Gryffindor, heading for goal..."

Harry streaked past Violet in the opposite direction, gazing around for the snitch and noticing that Cho Chang was tailing him closely.
"Show her your acceleration, Harry!" Violet yelled as she dodged a bludger.
Harry urged the Firebolt forward as they rounded the Ravenclaw goalposts and Cho fell behind.

Just as Violet succeeded in scoring the first goal of the match, and the Gryffindor end of the field went wild, he saw it, the Snitch was close to the ground, flitting near one of the barriers.
Harry dived, but Cho saw what he was doing and went after him.

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn- Chang's Comet is just no match for it- Look at Lestrange's turn! She would've been knocked off her Firebolt if-"
"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!"