Y3: Stupefy

"Going to kill me, Harry?"

"Expelliarmus!" Sirius Black croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them.
Harry's and Hermione's wands shot out of their hands, high in the air, and Black caught them. Then he took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Harry.
"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Ron shouted fiercely.
Violet stepped slightly in front of Harry, hoping to protect him from the Azkaban escapee. Something flickered in Black's shadowed eyes.
"Violet... I remember you," said Black.
"Good for you," Violet said grimly.
"You were only 9 months old, I don't expect you to remember," he added.

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, "You'll have to kill all four of us!"
"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Black.
"Why's that?" Harry spat, "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew...What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"
"Harry!" Hermione whimpered. "Be quiet!"
"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared, lunging forward.
He had forgotten about magic, he had forgotten that he was short and skinny and thirteen, whereas Black was a tall, full-grown man, all Harry knew was that he wanted to hurt Black as badly as he could and that he didn't care how much he got hurt in return.

One of Harry's hands fastened over his wrist, forcing the wand tips away; the knuckles of Harry's other hand collided with the side of Black's head and they fell, backward together. There was a blinding flash as the wands in Black's hand sent a jet of sparks into the air that missed Harry's face by mere inches. Black's free hand had found Harry's throat, the fingers tightened, and Harry choked, his glasses askew.

"Stupefy!" Violet yelled.
She'd been the only one who didn't use her wand like a flashlight and still had it. Black was sprawled at the bottom of the wall. Harry had quickly stolen Violet's wand from her grip and pointed it at Black.
"Going to kill me, Harry?" he whispered.
Harry stopped right above him, Violet's wand pointing at Black's chest, looking down at him.
"You killed my parents," said Harry, his voice shaking slightly, but his wand hand quite steady.

"I don't deny it," Black said very quietly. "But if you knew the whole story-"
"The whole story?" Harry repeated a furious pounding in his ears. "You sold them to Voldemort. That's all I need to know."
"You've got to listen to me," Black said, "You'll regret it if you don't...You don't understand."
"I understand a lot better than you think," snapped Harry, "You never heard her, did you? My mum...trying to stop Voldemort from killing me...and you did that...you did it...."

Muffled footsteps were echoing up through the floor. Someone was moving downstairs.
"WE'RE UP HERE!" Hermione screamed suddenly. "WE'RE UP HERE- SIRIUS BLACK- QUICK!"
The door of the room burst open as Professor Lupin came into the room.
"Expelliarmus!" Lupin shouted.
Violet's wand flew out of Harry's hand.
"Harry, Voldemort won't be the one to kill you, I will-" Violet started.

"Where is he, Sirius?" Lupin suddenly asked.
Black's face was quite expressionless as he raised his empty hand and pointed straight at Ron. Lupin chuckled and pulled Black in for a brotherly hug.
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione screamed.
"Blimey, Hermione, my ears," Violet muttered.
Lupin let go of Black and turned to Hermione. Lupin then took all of their wands from Black.

"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione shrieked. "I've been covering up for you-"
"Hermione, listen to me, please" Lupin shouted. "I can explain-"
"I trusted you," she shouted at Lupin, her voice wavering, out of control, "and all the time you've been his friend!"
"You're wrong," said Lupin. "I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now. Just let me explain-"
"NO!" Hermione screamed. "Harry, Violet, Ron, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he's a werewolf!"
"Well, obviously," Violet said.
"You both knew? Not bad..." Lupin said.