Y4: Our Niece

TW: minor verbal abuse, violence, minor swears, possible triggering topics

"Did I tell you I've invented a broomstick that'll reach Jupiter?"

"Violet, wake up you lazy arse!" Lucius bellowed from the bottom floor.
Violet stirred around lazily.
"VIOLET!"
"Coming, Uncle!"
Violet slowly sat up and forgot she was back home for a moment.
"I wish I was with the Weasley's..." Violet muttered and she looked through her drawers for a decent-looking outfit.
Violet picked out a pair of black tights and a red t-shirt. As Violet was slipping on her top she heard yet another yell from her uncle, "Hurry the hell up!".
Violet quickly got dressed and brushed her hair, then rushed to the bottom floor.

The Malfoys were sat in the dining room, eating breakfast. Draco and Lucius wore black suits while Narcissa had her usual black dress on.
"You are underdressed, dear," Narcissa acknowledged.
"You know I hate dresses," Violet said, sitting down at the table.
Narcissa swiftly made cereal and put it in front of Violet.
"You could've put on a blazer or jewellery at least. You act like you are poor," Lucius said sourly.

⚯🔮📖⚡

After breakfast, Violet changed into a black t-shirt and added a black blazer. She had also put pearl earrings in and tied her hair back.
"That looks better," Narcissa said kindly.
The Malfoys and Violet were gathered outside.
"Grab my arm," Lucius instructed, smoothing out his hair.
Draco and Violet gripped Lucius' arm tightly. Narcissa put her hand on Lucius' shoulder gently.
The world started spinning and there were flashes of colour as they got pushed through a tight tube.

They landed on their feet in a crowded field with tents everywhere. There were people on brooms flying in every direction and people looking for an open tent.
"Alright, let's go," Lucius said.
They hurried into the wood, following the lantern-lit trail. They could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing. They walked through the wood for twenty minutes, in silence, until at last they emerged on the other side and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple.

A hundred thousand witches and wizards were taking their places in the seats, which rose in levels around the long oval field. Everything was suffused with a mysterious golden light, which seemed to come from the stadium itself. 

"The Weasley's are here," Narcissa said flatly.
"So are Potter and Granger. Disgusting," Lucius said.
"Pathetic," Draco sneered.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione turned quickly, hearing their voice. It seemed Mr Weasley had been chatting with Fudge, the Minister of Magic.
"Ah, Fudge," said Lucius, holding out his left hand as he reached the Minister of Magic. "How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco? Or our niece, Violet?"
"How do you do, how do you do, how do you do?" said Fudge, smiling and bowing to Mrs Malfoy. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr Oblansk, well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else- you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?"

Mr Weasley and Lucius looked at each other and Violet vividly recalled the last time they had come face-to-face: It had been in Flourish and Blotts' bookshop, and they had had a fight. Lucius' cold grey eyes swept over Mr Weasley, and then up and down the row.
"Good lord, Arthur," he said softly. "What did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?"

Fudge, who wasn't listening, said, "Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest."
"How nice," said Mr Weasley, forcing a smile.