Y3: The Fat Lady

"Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

Once everybody was back from Hogsmeade, Harry, Ron, Violet and Hermione followed the rest of the Gryffindors to Gryffindor Tower, but when they reached the corridor that ended with the portrait of the Fat Lady, they found it crowded with students.

"Why isn't anyone going in?" asked Violet.
Harry peered over the heads in front of him. The portrait seemed to be closed.
"Let me through, please," came Percy's voice, "What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password-"

And then a silence fell over the crowd.
They heard Percy say, in a sudden voice, "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick."

A moment later, Professor Dumbledore was there. Violet then pushed her way through the crowd of students. Once she saw it, she let out a gasp. The Fat Lady had vanished and the portrait had been slashed. There were strips of canvas littering the floor, great chunks of it had been torn away completely. Dumbledore took one quick look at the ruined painting and turned, to see Professors McGonagall, Lupin, and Snape hurrying towards him.

"We need to find her," said Dumbledore. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."
"You'll be lucky!" said Peeves, appearing at the top of the stairs.
"What do you mean, Peeves?" asked Dumbledore.
"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, hiding between the trees. Crying something dreadful," Peeves explained.
"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly.
"Oh yes, Professor," said Peeves, "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see. Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."
The crowd around them let out gasps and cries of terror.

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.
"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle. I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," Professor Dumbledore explained.

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."
One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of purple and blue sleeping bags.
"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.
"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no  talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

Violet dragged her sleeping back to a corner next to Harry.
"Hi," said Violet as she sat down on her sleeping bag.
"Hello," Harry smiled.
Violet laid down on top of her sleeping bag. Harry zipped open his sleeping bag and crawled in. "The lights are going out now!" Percy shouted. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags and no more talking!"
The candles above their heads all went out at once. The only light now came from the silvery ghosts and the enchanted ceiling.

"Kinda feels like we're camping," Harry whispered.
Violet rolled onto her side to face Harry.
"What's that?" Violet asked in a whisper.
"What- Camping. It's uh- you live in a tent or cabin for the weekend and go fishing and stuff." Harry whispered.
"That sounds stupid."
"It's actually pretty fun. But you're telling me you've never gone camping?!"
"No..?"
"Lestrange and Potter, shut it!" Percy yelled.
The two thirteen-year-olds burst out into giggles once again.

A/N:
Hello there! I had too much fun making this chapter lol. This is where Harry's crush on Violet starts.