Y3: A Bit Of Rain

"We think he's trying to drown himself."

The school only talked about Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder.
The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his horse.

It was the day of the Quidditch match and Oliver Wood was stressing the whole team out. By now it was breakfast so Violet got dressed in her uniform and headed to the Great Hall. Violet walked in to see the rest of the team huddled around each other so she sat down and joined them.

"It's going to be a tough one," said Wood, who wasn't eating anything.
"Stop worrying, Oliver. We don't mind a bit of rain," Violet said.
But it was considerably more than a bit of rain. So was the popularity of Quidditch. The whole school decided to watch the match as usual. They ran down toward the Quidditch field as quickly as possible. The wind was so strong that the Gryffindor Quidditch team staggered sideways as they walked out onto the field.

The Hufflepuffs were approaching from the opposite side of the field. The Captains (Oliver Wood and Cedric Diggory) walked up to each other and shook hands. Violet swung her foot over her broom with a great sigh. Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and blew into it, signifying that the game had started.

Violet circled the pitch searching for the Quaffle. One of the Hufflepuff Beaters hit the bludger towards her. Violet dodged the bludger and flew toward the Quaffle that her teammate dropped. Once Violet finally got the Quaffle, she flew towards the Hufflepuff goalposts. Violet saw a Hufflepuff coming behind her so she threw the Quaffle into the ring. The Hufflepuff Keeper tried to stop it but missed.

The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early. Everyone was now soaked from the rain. Wood gestured the team down for a time-out.
"I called for time-out!" Wood roared at his team. "Come on, under here!"
They huddled at the edge of the field under a large umbrella.
"What's the score?" Harry asked.
"We're fifty points up," said Wood, "but unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."
"I'll try my best," Harry said.
"Alright, you better. Okay, team, let's go for it!" Wood ordered.

The team climbed on their brooms and started again. The storm had gotten worse in only 30 minutes. Violet had barely managed to dodge a thunderbolt. She had the Quaffle again and bolted towards the Hufflepuff rings when two Hufflepuffs appeared on each side of her and tried to snatch the Quaffle out of her hands.

"Katie!" yelled Violet.
Katie, one of the other Gryffindor chasers, looked towards Violet and took the Quaffle. One Hufflepuff left Violet's side and followed Katie but the other thought Violet still had the Quaffle and kept elbowing Violet's shoulder. Violet went lower, trying to get away from him, but got elbowed in the head, knocking her off her broom.

Violet suddenly lost grip of her broom and fell at least 30 feet. As she fell, she heard people yell her name. Her head hit the ground hard and everything turned black.

Harry soon dropped after her. Three team members had been injured and sent to the Hospital Wing. Katie, Harry and Violet. Harry had encountered a dementor, Violet got knocked off her broom and Katie was struck by lightning soon after she had taken the Quaffle from Violet.

⚯🔮📖⚡

Harry's eyes snapped open. He was lying in the hospital wing. The Gryffindor Quidditch team (minus Katie, Oliver and Violet) were gathered around his bed. Ron and Hermione were also there, looking as though they'd just climbed out of a swimming pool.

"Harry!" exclaimed Fred, "How're you feeling?"
"What happened?" Harry asked.
"You fell off your broom," Fred explained, "Must've been fifty feet?"
"We thought you'd died," George said worriedly.

"Where's Violet?" Harry asked suddenly.
"She got knocked off her broom too. Fell about thirty feet," Fred said.
"What happened? Are we doing a replay?" asked Harry.
No one said anything.
"We didn't lose, did we?" asked Harry

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George, "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square...even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" asked Harry, suddenly realizing he wasn't there.
"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself."
Harry put his face to his knees, his hands gripping his hair. Fred grabbed his shoulder and shook it roughly.

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before," Fred comforted.
"There had to be one time you didn't get it," agreed George.
"It's not over yet," said Fred. "We only lost by a hundred points. So if Hufflepuff loses to Ravenclaw and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin..."
"Hufflepuff'll have to lose by at least two hundred points," said George.
"But if they beat Ravenclaw..."
"No way, Ravenclaw is too good. But if Slytherin loses against Hufflepuff..."
"It all depends on the points- a margin of a hundred either way- "

Harry looked to his left. Violet lay in a bed similar to his, unconscious.
After ten minutes or so, Madam Pomfrey came over to tell the team to leave him in peace.
"We'll come and see you later," Fred told him. "Don't beat yourself up. Harry, you're still the best Seeker we've ever had."

The team walked out, mud trailing behind them. Madam Pomfrey shut the door behind them, sighing as she saw the dirty floor.

Madam Pomfrey insisted on keeping Harry in the hospital wing for the rest of the weekend. He had a bunch of visitors, all intent on cheering him up. The Gryffindor team visited again on Sunday morning, this time accompanied by Wood, who told Harry that he didn't blame him in the slightest. Ron and Hermione left Harry's bedside only at night. But nothing anyone said or did could make Harry feel any better, because they knew only half of what was troubling him.