Y3: Superb

"But we also know we've got the best team in the school."

At the start of October, the Quidditch season was approaching. The Captain of the Gryffindor team, Oliver Wood, called a meeting on Thursday evening to discuss tactics for the new season.

"This is our last chance- my last chance to win the Quidditch Cup," he told them, striding up and down in front of them. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Only because we've had the worst luck in the world. But we also know we've got the best team in the school. We've got three superb Chasers." Wood pointed at Violet, Angelina, and Katie.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters," Wood said, gesturing to the Weasley twins.
"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," said Fred and George together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, looking at Harry with pride. "And me," he added.
"We think you're very good too, Oliver," said George.
"Spanking good Keeper," said Fred.
"Uh, thanks," Wood said.

"The point is, the Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. But unfortunately it didn't. It definitely didn't help that it was cancelled last year either," Wood spoke.
"Oliver, this year's our year," Fred said.
"We'll do it, Oliver!" Angelina cheered.
"Uh, yeah," Violet said, providing a lazy thumbs up.
"Definitely," Harry confirmed.

Full of determination, the Gryffindor Quidditch team started training sessions. The weather was getting colder, the nights darker, but no amount of mud, wind, or rain could tarnish Oliver Wood's wonderful vision of finally winning Hogwarts' Quidditch Cup.

Violet and Harry returned to the Gryffindor common room one evening after training to find the room buzzing excitedly.
"What's happened?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione, who were sitting together by the fireplace.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," explained Ron, pointing at a notice that had appeared on the bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."
"And I'll be skipping that," Violet said with a smile.
"Excellent," said Fred, who had followed Violet and Harry through the portrait hole. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."
"Don't be such a flobberworm, Vi!" said George who had come in with Fred.
The twins burst out into laughs as Violet rolled her eyes.

⚯🔮📖⚡

On Halloween morning, Violet and Harry awoke with the rest of the school and went down to breakfast.Violet and Harry accompanied Hermione and Ron to the entrance hall, where the latter duo left for Hogsmeade.

"Staying here, Potter?" shouted Draco, who was standing in the entrance hall with Crabbe and Goyle. "Scared of passing the Dementors?"

Harry ignored Draco and made his way up the marble staircase, pulling Violet with him.
"Password?" asked the Fat Lady, once Violet and Harry arrived outside of the Gryffindor common room.
"Fortuna Major," said Violet.

The portrait swung open and they climbed through the hole and into the common room. It was full of chattering first and second-years, and a few older students.

"I was hoping nobody would be here," Violet said, a little disappointed.
"Yeah. Maybe we should go to the library and come back later," Harry agreed.
Then they turned on their heels and headed back out of the Gryffindor Common room.

"What was the point of waking me up?" the Fat Lady called grumpily after them as they walked away.

Harry wandered toward the library, but halfway there he changed his mind.
"Where are we going?" Violet asked.
"Dunno, I don't wanna do work," he replied.

They turned around and came face-to-face with Filch.
"What are you two doing?" he snarled.
"Nothing," shrugged Harry truthfully.
"Nothing!" spat Filch, "A likely story! Why aren't you two in Hogsmeade buying Belch Powder and Whizzing Worms like the rest of your nasty little friends?"
"None of your business," Violet said sourly.
"That's a detention, little lady! Tuesday 6:20!" Filch bellowed as the two Gryffindors ran off giggling.

Violet and Harry were walking along another corridor when a voice from inside one of the rooms said, "What are you two doing?"
Thankfully it was only Professor Lupin.
"We're just on a walk," shrugged Violet.
"Why don't you two come in?"

The pair of Gryffindors decided that they had nothing better to do, so they followed Lupin into his office.
"Cup of tea?" Lupin said, looking around for his kettle. "I was just thinking of making one."
"Yeah, thanks," nodded Harry.
"No thank you," Violet shook her head.

"Sit down," Lupin said, taking the lid off a dusty tin. "I've only got teabags, I'm afraid. But I daresay you've had enough of tea leaves?"
"How did you know about that?" Harry asked.
"Professor McGonagall told me," said Lupin, passing Harry a cup of tea. "You're not worried, are y- ?"
He was interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Come in," called Lupin.
The door opened, and in came Snape. He was carrying a black goblet.

"Ah, Severus," Lupin smiled, "Thank you very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?"
Snape did as he was told and set down the goblet.

"I made an entire cauldronful," Snape continued. "If you need more."
"I should probably have some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus," Lupin said.
"Not at all," said Snape, backing out of the room.

"Professor Snape has very kindly concocted a potion for me," Lupin explained, answering the teens' curious stare, "I have never been much of a potion-brewer and this one is particularly complex." He picked up the goblet and sniffed it. "Pity sugar makes it useless," he added, taking a sip and shuddering. "Well, Harry, Violet,  I'd better get back to work. See you at the feast later."
"See you," Violet said.
"Right," said Harry, putting down his teacup.

The two third-years rushed toward their common room.
"Do you have any idea of what Snape gave him?" asked Violet.
"No, that's what I was about to ask you," sighed Harry.

A/N
Hey, 90 reads! Omg! Thank you so much! I really want Violet to have a good relationship with the twins so I'm gonna work on that. Also this is sort of a filler chapter and I was debating on deleting it or not, let me know !!

REWRITE 02/10/23: Yesss I love the twins!!
-destany <3