Y3: Lions For The Cup

"Harry, it'll be okay. I promise,"

The Easter holidays were not exactly relaxing. The third-years had never had so much homework. But nobody had anywhere as much work to do as Hermione did. Even without Divination, she was still taking more subjects than anybody else. She was always the last to leave the common room at night and the first to arrive at the library the next morning.

Harry and Violet, meanwhile, had to fit in their homework around Quidditch practice every day. The Gryffindor-Slytherin match would take place on the first Saturday after the Easter holidays. The whole of Gryffindor House was obsessed with the upcoming Quidditch match. Gryffindor hadn't won the Quidditch Cup since Charlie Weasley had been Seeker.

By the time the holidays were over, the tension between the two teams and their Houses was at the breaking point. Wood had given instructions that Harry should be accompanied everywhere he went, in case the Slytherins tried to put him out of action. The whole of Gryffindor House took up the challenge enthusiastically so it was impossible for Harry to get to classes on time. The only person who actually helped was Violet. She was on good terms with the majority of the Slytherins so they didn't want to create any problems with her. And the Slytherins that weren't apart of the majority, were either scared of her or told by their peers to keep at least an arms length away from her.

⚯🔮📖⚡

The Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall the next day to hear an enormous applause from the rest of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw (which was odd, because Ravenclaw was usually in favour of the Slytherin team). The Slytherins all hissed as the Gryffindor team walked by them.

"Can you believe the Ravenclaws are rooting for Gryffindor too?" asked Ron as Violet and Harry joined him and Hermione at the table.
"Of course. The Ravenclaws are supposed to be smart, right? Maybe we're already guaranteed a win," Violet shrugged, sipping on a mug of purple liquid.
"I wouldn't get so cocky if I were you, Lestrange," Draco snarled, walking up to the group.
"Thanks for the advice, Dray," Violet winked making Draco scoff and walk away.

"How do you deal with him all the time?" Harry asked.
"Unfortunately, I live with him. You get used to it after a couple years," Violet answered.
"I don't think I could ever get used to that," Ron said.
"Me neither," Harry agreed.

⚯🔮📖⚡

The Gryffindor Quidditch team walked out onto the field. They were met with cheers and yells, mostly in support of them. The majority of the crowd were waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion on them and brandishing banners with slogans like "GO GRYFFINDOR!" and "LIONS FOR THE CUP". The rest of the crowd were wearing green in support of Slytherin.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was acting as a commentator as usual. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Lestrange, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years-"
Lee's comments were drowned by a tide of 'boos' from the Slytherin end.
"And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill-"
More boos from the Slytherin crowd.

"Captains, shake hands!" said Madam Hooch.
Flint and Wood approached each other and grasped each other's hands very tightly, it looked as though each was trying to break the other's fingers.
"Mount your brooms!" said Madam Hooch, "Three...two...one..."
Then Madam Hooch blew her whistle and fourteen brooms rose into the air.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Violet Lestrange of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Vi! Argh, no! Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field. Nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by Angelina Johnson, and Gryffindor is back in possession, come on, Angelina, nice swerve around Montague, duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"
Angelina punched the air as she soared around the field.
"OUCH!" Angelina yelped as she was nearly thrown from her broom by Marcus Flint smashing into her.
"Sorry!" said Flint as the crowd below booed. "Sorry, didn't see her!"

A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed.
"That will do!" yelled Madame Hooch, "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!"
"Come off it, Miss!" howled Fred, but Madam Hooch blew her whistle and Violet flew forward to take the penalty.
"Come on, Violet!" yelled Lee into the silence that had descended on the crowd.
Flint flew forward to take the Slytherin penalty.

Violet looked over to her left to see Katie drop the Quaffle she had in her hand. Violet dived to get it, but Montague had beaten her to it.
"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession- no! Gryffindor is back in possession and it's Katie Bell, Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's streaking up the field. THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

The Slytherins were so enraged that Gryffindor had taken such an early lead that they were resorting to any means to take the Quaffle. Bole hit Violet with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger (which earned him nasty glares from the Weasley twins and a middle finger from Violet). George Weasley decided to elbow Bole in the face in retaliation. Madam Hooch awarded both teams penalties, and Wood pulled off a spectacular save.

Violet then scored which made it fifty-ten. The Weasley twins were swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any of the Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Bole and Derrick took advantage of Fred and George's absence to aim both Bludgers at Wood, they caught him in the stomach, one after the other, and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.
"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS WITHIN THE SCORING AREA!" Madam Hooch screamed at Bole and Derrick.

And then Angelina scored. Sixty-ten. Moments later, Fred pelted a Bludger at Warrington, knocking the Quaffle out of his hands. Then Violet grabbed it the second it fell out of his hands and put it through the Slytherin goal. The Gryffindor crowd below was screaming itself hoarse. Gryffindor was sixty points in the lead, and if Harry caught the Snitch now, the Cup was theirs.

"Slytherin in possession, Slytherin heading for goal- Montague scores- " Lee groaned, "Seventy-twenty to Gryffindor... Violet Lestrange gets the Quaffle for Gryffindor again, come on, Violet, COME ON!"
Every single Slytherin player apart from Malfoy was streaking up the pitch toward Violet, including the Slytherin Keeper. They were all going to block her. So Harry wheeled his Firebolt around and kicked it forward. Like a bullet, he shot toward the Slytherins with a yell. The Slytherins scattered as the Firebolt zoomed toward them. Violet sent Harry a grateful nod before scoring yet again. Harry gave her a quick wink before darting downwards.

Suddenly the crowd exploded with cheers from the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws and boos from the Slytherins. Violet looked behind her to see Harry with a huge smile on his face, holding the snitch in his hand. They had won the match. They had won the cup. Dumbledore emerged from the stands and handed Wood the Quidditch cup. The Gryffindor team shared an endless amount of hugs and "Congratulations" as they passed around the enormous cup.