Y4: More Than Friends

TW: strong language

"I like you too. And yeah... I mean more than friends."

Snow was falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds now.
"Hermione - who are you going to the ball with?" said Ron.
Ron kept springing this question on her, hoping to startle her into a response by asking it when she least expected it. However, Hermione merely frowned and said, "I'm not telling you, you'll just make fun of me."
"Nobody's making fun of you, Mione. I mean, he's cute," Violet said, sending her bushy-haired friend a wink. Harry's fists clenched. He was cute?! Violet thought he was cute?!

"You're joking, Weasley!" said Draco, behind them, "You're not telling me someone's asked that to the ball? Not the Mudblood?"
"Are you that upset you couldn't take her?" teased Violet.

Just as Draco was trying to muster up a response, Her,ione waved to someone, "Hello, Professor Moody!"
Draco went pale and jumped backwards, looking wildly around for Moody, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew.
"Twitchy ferret, aren't you, Draco?" said Violet

⚯🔮📖⚡

It was finally Christmas! The quartet spent most of Christmas morning in Gryffindor Tower, where everyone was enjoying their presents, then returned to the Great Hall for a magnificent lunch, which included at least a hundred turkeys and Christmas puddings.

They went out onto the grounds in the afternoon; the snow was untouched except for the footsteps made by the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students on their way up to the castle. Hermione and Violet chose to watch Harry and the Weasleys' snowball fight rather than join in, and at five o'clock said they were going back upstairs to get ready for the Yule Ball.

"What, you need three hours?" said Ron, looking at them incredulously. "Beauty takes time, dear!" Violet yelled to Ron as she made her way to the castle.

⚯🔮📖⚡

Violet and Hermione had finally finished getting ready. They looked at each other in amazement. Hermione wore a long, pink, layered dress, her hair was tied back perfectly and she wore light makeup. Violet wore a short, flowy, long-sleeved, purple dress, her hair was loosely curled and she only wore mascara and lipgloss.

"Is this too much?" Hermione asked.
"No. You look stunning, Mione," Violet laughed.
"Okay, let's go. You know the boys have zero patience," Hermione said.
The girls walked downstairs to the common room.

The common room looked strange, full of people wearing different colours instead of the usual mass of black. Harry was waiting for Violet at the foot of the stairs.

"You're amazing," he said with his jaw dropped.
"Thanks?" she laughed.

"Is Parvati even coming? She's taking forever," Ron whined.
"She's on her way, I'm sure," Violet assured.

"Oh, shit," Harry said, searching his pockets. "I'll be back, k, Violet?"
"Mhm, hurry up," Violet said.

Harry ran halfway up the stairs before looking down at Violet and yelling, "You won't leave without me?"