Chapter Seventeen: Tough Battles Are Rewarded With Cute Dates

A few years ago, a man named Cub was working as a night guard for a museum. When he reached the Ancient Egypt exhibit, he heard a strange voice. Drawn to the source he touched a strange artifact and became possessed with a cursed spirit. He gained the ability to control the weather and could manipulate literal beams of light.

But this time, he seemed different.

When Dynamight arrived on the scene atop the building of his office, the first thing he noticed was not only did his power to create light had returned, but he was... different? "Doctor Cub? It's okay, I'm here to help you again," he assured him.

"Help?" He echoed. "I've never been in this much control before! I wanted this!"

Warlock popped his head up from the hole in the roof. "Coast is clear down here." He then noticed Dynamight and grinned. "We just can't stop bumping into each other, can we?"

He jumped out of the hole, a large circle of crystals rotating behind him. "I bet you're really enjoying having my little sidekick at your mercy." Warlock sneered, his smile growing.

"Excuse me?" Doc sputtered, thrown completely off guard by his comment.

A beam of light hit his eyes, distracting him as crystals smashed at his feet. Vines snaked around him, constricting his arms against his sides and tethering him to the roof. He was forced to kneel and gritted his teeth as he tried to break free, but the vines kept growing tighter.

"Y'know, I never saw the appeal for you as the city protector. Does anyone even see you as that anyways?" Pharoah taunted, watching him struggle.

Flexing his muscles he broke free from the vines and blasted the two villains. "Whoever said I cared?" He scoffed. Yes, he was lying straight through his teeth but he said it with such confidence that he would've believed himself.

-

Bdubs phone rang, and he hesitantly picked it up.

Warlock. Of course.

He stared at his screen, letting it ring as he pondered his choices.

"I'm tied up and don't even know where my phone is," he decided out loud, placing it down and letting it continue to ring.

He took a moment to look around the warehouse and studied the aftermath of a small breakdown.

Just a few moments ago there was a nonstop flurry of bubbles pulsing from his body and filling the room as he stared up at the ceiling and thought about, well, everything.

Fixing his ponytail he took a deep breath, completely calming himself.

He planned to take Doc on a surprise date when he got back, but after using an excessive amount of energy like that, he needed a nap first.

Yawning, he trudged to the little break room and collapsed on the couch. Grabbing one of the small pillows, he hugged it as he laid on the other, hoping he'd wake up before his boyfriend returned.

-

Dynamight kicked Warlock in the gut, snatching the drive from his hands as he sent him flying across the room.

Lightning zapped at his feet and he clutched the device as he did his best to avoid Pharoah's attacks.

Their fight had led them down into the building, and now he was once again fighting to keep whatever information they needed out of their hands.

Thick smoke poured out of a crystal, engulfing the hero and rendering him practically blind. His robotic eye carefully scanned his surroundings, but he was unable to see the strong gust of wind that knocked him off his feet.