Chapter 20

Nie Mingjue's pov

When we were in the car, suddenly I remembered all my old memories.

I and Xichen were best friends from middle school. As we grew up together sharing everything. I remember the day his parents died in a car accident. He was so hurt but still, he act strong in front of his brother. I gave him all my reassurance that even if he shows that he is alright, I know he can't show his emotions as a big brother he has to be strong.

He and Wangji started to live with his uncle in the same house as his parents. So he didn't have to leave.

His uncle was the principal and owner of the same college he is in principal now. His uncle was very strict towards his nephews specially Xichen, cause he is elder.

Sometimes when he can't take all the pressure of losing his parents, the responsibility of a little brother, and the expectations of his uncle. He broke into tears. That was the first time I saw his tears even if he was hiding them from me. That still hurt me. It hurts a lot to see him in that state.

That day I assured him that he can make it. But at night I can't sleep, thinking about why is that affecting me so much. Even for a best friend.

I gradually started to believe that maybe I liked him not as a friend but in a romantic way.

I may look brave and strong but I was too scared to tell him about my feelings. Scared to lose him.

I was giving him all my love and support without being obvious. We started to live like normal again. I even planned to propose to him on our graduation day.

On that day I gathered all my courage to tell him everything I feel about him. Even if he doesn't feel the same, at least I can sleep at night without the name of coward.

But things didn't go as I planned. I suddenly got news of my parent's death. I had to leave everything, school, my house and my xichen behind, and went to my father's village. Unlike Xichen my only family left was my brother who was very young to understand anything.

I started to work in a factory, gradually earning some money to go back to my hometown. Where I and xichen first met, where we used to live together. I never had a day without remembering his name, without praying to meet him again.

When I went to his house he wasn't there, neighbors said they already left for god knows where. I was so devastated at that moment thinking I lost him without being able to tell him my feelings.

From that day I didn't notice I became grumpy and over-strict with huasang. As he is the only reason why I am continuing to give him the best education and comfortable environment.

I sighed and look at Xichen while he was smiling. A smile formed on my face automatically.

Aye
I am back. I hope you like it
Please vote and comment.😊
See ya