[1]

"What's up with you?" Johanna asked Hilda while drying off a cup. "I've never seen you research so hard before.."

"Trying to find out what this feeling is. Mum, is it okay to like a girl-?" Hilda blurted out, flipping the pages frantically.

Johanna paused, "I suppose it is. Why?" She continued drying off the cup.

Hilda showed the book to her mother, "Because I think I'm a lesbian for Frida."

Alfur scrambled up the table, tripping over a paperclip, "A what?!" He then shouted.

Hilda picked him up, letting him see the book, "I-I keep thinking about things couples do and specifically with Frida-" Hilda ranted. "I just want to- To- I-I don't know!"

"Hug Frida?" Johanna suggested.

"Hold her hand?" Alfur chimed in.

"Kiss her?" Tontu sniffled, popping out of the cabinet. "We're out of muffins."

Hilda sighed, "As much as I hate to admit it. Tontu is right.."

Johanna placed the cup in its proper place, going over to Hilda, "Then why don't you? It's just like kissing a boy isn't it?"

Hilda let out a worried hum, "I'm not sure- Mum I've never kissed anyone- Let alone had a crush."

Johanna pat Hilda's shoulder, "Maybe it's time to change that. Aren't you hanging out with Frida and David today?"

Hilda nodded, "Maybe if I act like I don't have a major liking to Frida I'll be okay." Hilda slipped out of the chair with Alfur. "Come on Twig, you help scope out the area."

The deer fox scrambled up, rushing over to Hilda, following her out of the house. Johanna hummed, "Want to go shopping? I'll let you pick the muffin flavor this time."

Tontu gasped, "I thought you would never ask."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Frida poked the little crab, the hermit burrowing quickly to hide. "Maybe we could visit the lindworm." Alfur suggested.

"The who?" David blurted out.

"The lindworm, she grows plants. She was the one who technically helped save you." Frida explained, getting up. "Hilda, help us find a shell hm?"

"Right!" Hilda got up from her rock, going near the water.

She began her search, quickly finding one due to her motivation. "Want to give it a try?" Hilda asked Frida.

"I don't think I'll be able to, but I might as well." Frida took the shell.

Frida felt the tip, placing her mouth up against it, and blew. Epic fail. "You tried, hand it over." Hilda held her hand out.

"Sorry." Frida sighed, handing it back.

Hilda shook her head, "You did your best." Hilda pressed up against it, and blew.

The sound it produced echoed, making the water fall silent. Before a geyser went off in front of the group. Frida hid her face behind her palm, smiling to herself, 'Indirect kiss..' She thought, already chipper.

The water spirit glanced around, then down, "Hello Mr.WaterSpirit, would it be possible that you can take my friends and I to that little island?" Hilda smiled hopefully.

It spun, making a staircase with the water, making an erie sound. "I think that means yes." Hilda smiled, going up the first step, looking back at Frida, holding her hand out. "Come on it's safe, remember?"