[23]

Two days later, Sunday.

"Wait where are you going?" Frida asked, blocking Hilda's way out.

"To school." Hilda leaned down, grabbing Frida by her thighs, hoisting the witch over her shoulder. "Come on Twig, bye Mum!"

"Be back before dinner!!"

"I will!" Hilda closed the door when Twig stepped out, walking down the stairs.

"Hilda, it's Sunday!" Frida huffed.

"Yes, I know. But I don't have school every weekday anymore." Hilda opened the doors, nearly tripping over Twig and stepping out.

The doors swung shut, Hilda setting Frida down, "You don't??" Frida took her hand.

"Mum talked with Ms.Hallgrim, who let's be real, she's the only logical one at school."

Frida nodded slowly, "Pretty much."

"I'll be at school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesday, Thursday, and Sundays, I'll be with the trolls for school." Hilda led her to the street, switching spots with her and taking the curb, squeezing Frida's hand.

The witch paused, "They have school?"

Hilda nodded, "They have to learn too, Frida. How do you think they learned to speak?"

"Uh, not school." Frida pat her thigh. "Come on Twig."

He shuffled out of the bush, shaking off and trotting up ahead. "They let me have Saturdays off for Sparrow Scout meetings and my awesome girlfriend." Hilda kissed Frida's cheek. "You have witch school, don't you?"

"Mum has to sign a form for me to go, so I doubt I can go." Frida frowned.

"Frida, I'm a changeling. I'm sure she won't be suprised about you being a witch! Tell you what, if you go to school with me today, I'll go with you to talk to your mom." Hilda offered.

"You were going to do that regardless, Hilda."

Frida was hushed, the girl grinning when Hilda looked around skeptically, "You don't know that! That was top secret information Frida my Dear-"

"You're so silly." Frida gently squeezed Hilda's hand. "I'll take you up on the offer, then."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Though Frida understood nothing of what was being said during Hilda's lesson, Trylla pulled her aside and began teaching her the Troll Alphabet. Suffice to say, Frida was actually failing at something. "Hilda, this makes no sense." Frida pointed to her notes. "A, has seventeen different sounds!"

Hilda thought to herself before nodding, "Grrm." Hilda growled, looking to Frida. "Yeah you're right."

"Hilda that was one growl." Frida placed her hand on her hip, upset.

"What? No no, that was seventeen." Hilda shook her head. "When you learn the rest of the language you'll hear it."

"How did you learn so fast??"

"Frida, Dear." Hilda kissed her head. "I'm still learning. With speech, I'm perfect, I have to learn to read and write it now."

"Rats.." Frida pouted.

Hilda kissed her cheek several times, Frida lifting her head, smiling when the kisses continued. "Now, let's go talk to your parents."

"NnOooOo!!"

"Bark!" Twig scrambled to catch up, dirt all over his tail. "Mmmff- NnAarKk!"

He shook himself off, running towards Hilda and jumping onto her shoulder. "Good boy." Hilda scratched his chin.