[24]

Monday.

Hilda awoke in Trylla's cave, and in serious pain. She reverted to stone, the pain receding. Hilda sat up, looking around. "Now say Hilda."

"Mama!"

"No Baba, Hilda. Hil-Da."

"Ma. Ma."

"Hilllldddaaa.."

"Maaaaammaaaaa."

"Close enough." Hilda slid down, smiling. "Hey Baba~"

The troll baby scampered over, hugging Hilda, babbling nonsense. "She has much to learn. She is good at writing letters. She can not spell, but we are working on it." Trylla smiled. "Are you feeling better?"

"I'm not sure..It does hurt when I turn back, but I'm fine like this.." Hilda scratched her neck. "Thanks for taking care of me Trylla.."

"Not a problem. After Lindworm ironed you layer by layer, you passed out. So she brought you to me, and I cooled the final layer."

Hilda hummed, "Thank you for that..I have to get going, will you come along?"

"No. Not today. You have school, Hilda. You will be back tomorrow."

Right. Tomorrow.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Don't flatter yourselves." David scoffed. "Hilda won't attack you even if you hit her! You aren't threats and she could care less."

The students trembled, attempting to move further against the wall. "Are you sure you're okay?" Frida caressed the troll's cheek.

"Yes, I'm okay. It just hurts if I turn back..I don't want to deal with the pain here, so I'll stay like this til Mum can get me medicine.." Hilda chittered.

"Students, please." Ms.Hallgrim sighed. "We barely started the lesson, Hilda won't be doing anything out of line."

Frida adjusted Hilda's uniform, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. The stone reverted slightly, Hilda tensing. Frida rubbed Hilda's lower back, the troll growling softly before holding her witch close. "I'm sorry.. That hurt.."

"It's okay Hilda. Don't you worry." Frida gently stroked her back. "You'll be alright."

Hilda trilled softly, letting out a deep bellow, holding Frida. "Hilda, squeeze her too hard and she'll snap!" David lightly hit Hilda's shoulder.

Flinching, Hilda let Frida go, "I'm sorry-"

Frida glared at David, "I was enjoying it, David." Frida sighed sharply, shuffling out of Hilda's lap. "I'm right behind you, remember? I'll just be back here."

Hilda softened, "Okay.."

David sat down, Hilda growling softly. 'Frida..Come back please..'

'Hilda, I'm right behind you. Don't worry..'

"David the Dunce and Hilda the Troll!" Trevor elbowed the student by him. "What's next, Frida the Witch?"

"Trevor, if you don't want to be sent to the mines.." Ms.Hallgrim looked back. "I'd expect you to be seated.."

He scoffed, "Ms.Hallgrim, with all due respect..When the school said diversity, it meant race! Not species."