[17]

Tuesday.

Johanna did not make it that night. She had to care for Raven who was falling in and out of consciousness for several hours after hitting a statue beak first, only eating for ten minutes til he passed out. She was busy, she needed to care for him, knew Hilda could wait, but that didn't stop her from worrying.

Hilda and Trylla did wait for her in the morning, but the sun rose a bit too quick so they had to return inside. Trylla noticed Hilda's change of behavior when she sat, the changeling looking around gloomily. "Uhm.." Trylla looked over at her. "W..We can.. We can go on the other side of the mountain if you want..?"

She paused. Hilda perked up, "Adventure?"

Trylla smiled, "Adventure."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

They had to wait a little longer so the sun shaded specific tress before they left. They took awhile to get to the side of the mountain, and when they did, Trylla waved over a weather spirit, making an illusion. "Sure I can get ya there! But what do I get?" It grinned.

"Two listeners. We heard the fights, can we know your side?" Hilda asked hopefully.

The weather spirit perked.

It ranted as it lowered itself to be fog for them, the trolls agreeing and asking questions if need be. In about ten minutes, they reached the bay, waving goodbye to the weather spirit who left happy. Then, they went into the water. The trolls sunk to the bottom, Hilda a bit panicked at first, before Trylla cast an illusion.

It was a woff. It let out bubbly squeals, circling Hilda and swimming up ahead. Trylla gently took her hand, the two stomping through the water, going deeper to avoid the sun's gaze. Trolls didn't have much air to breathe in the first place, but still, Hilda felt like she was suffocating under the water.

Trylla gently pat her back, assuring her that all was well, and continued to lead her on. They eventually reached an under water cave, and entered. Inside, a type of floral glowed at their presence, an air pocket being found. There was a troll already there, napping.

It looked, broken. Not that it was dead, just, cracked. "Who's that?" Hilda asked.

"Him? Oh, he takes care of the fish. Lots have been getting hunted, especially the rarer ones. He comes out when he hears boats or gets word that fish are being hunted." Trylla sat.

Hilda looked up at her, "Is it illegal here?"

"Yes, it is frowned upon. It's not allowed, only if they are caught." Trylla hummed. "Tell me when you're ready to move on, we have much time to spare."

Hilda nodded, going over to the cracked trolls. He stirred, cracking open an eye and spotting Hilda, "Grrmm.."

"Hello.." Hilda greeted. "How long have you been here?"

He sat up, clearing his throat, "A good while.."

"How has it been?"

He thought for a second, "I would've liked a few friends. But they've all been shattered, and haven't brought myself to get a move on.."

Hilda softened, "Would you like to talk about it?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

New friend!! Hilda made sure to tell him she was actually human and to not attack her if she ever visited him under water. He understood, and bid her and Trylla farewell.

The trolls got a move on, going to a different cave with an air pocket, going through a tunnel or two before surfacing in a shady area. "Lindworm!" Hilda gasped.

The beast turned quickly, slithering over, "Blue one! I do not recall you being made of stone.." Lindworm tapped her. "Yes, you were easily penetraable. Now you are not."

"Yeah uh..Just a little issue, being resolved.." Hilda looked to Trylla. "Why did we come here?"

"Lindworm here can seal your wounds."

The beast perked, looking to Hilda, examining her, "I can do that, yes. What happened?"

"Iron nets, Hilda was taken by Safety Patrol and had escaped." Trylla guided Hilda to a rock, sitting her down. "She chipped, and we don't want it to worsen."

Lindworm nodded, "Just a minute then." She slithered off.

Hilda hummed, scratching her cheek, "It doesn't hurt..Does it..?"

Trylla softened, "It's best not to think about it..But I can assure you, it won't hurt as much as you think it will."

Hilda nodded, drawing back a bit as the sun came in just a bit closer, water reflecting a spot by her. Trylla forced the rock closer, being careful not to accidentally trample any weeds. "Here we are." Lindworm returned, holding a small casting ladle and a small bar of iron.

"Lie down." Trylla pat the grass.

Hilda complied, resting her head on the rock, Lindworm blowing out a flame. The casting ladle glew red, sizzling following. They stayed quiet as Lindworm melted the iron, Hilda wincing when she noticed it near. "It'll be just a second, Hilda." Trylla assured.

The changeling closed her eyes, biting back a growl as the iron trickled down the chip and to her neck. Lindworm hissed softly as she wiped it away with her claw, blowing lightly at Hilda's cheek, slowly wiping away the melted iron. "Anywhere else?" Lindworm asked.

"On my forearm..And a small chip on my chin.."

Lindworm nodded, "We let this one cool first, then you flip. Trylla, do you have any?"

"Oh no, I'm not the type of troll to get myself into trouble. Unlike others." She glanced to Hilda.

"Hey--!"

"Thank you though." Trylla smiled.

Lindworm pat Trylla's head, "Make sure she stays put til it hardens, let me go find some more iron." She slinked off.

Trylla looked to Hilda, smiling, "Want to hear a story?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

In the time it took Trylla to finish her story, which was really just alot of information, she and Hilda had already returned to the mountain. The iron had hardened and Hilda felt better. She knew it would leave a scar, but she didn't mind, as long as she got Frida back.

Hilda sighed, "Frida.."

"Frida?" Trylla looked to her.

"My girlfriend..I miss Frida.." Hilda mumbled. "I haven't been away from her this long..Well, before I met her I was away from her for thirteen years- But I miss her! She's my witch- And it--" Hilda held her clench fist over where her heart would be. "I don't like her being outside without me. And it doesn't feel nice.."

Trylla exhaled, "Y'know, from the stories I've heard from the older trolls..Our magic is different from a witch's magic..And last time they mixed, a whole town was destroyed! I think, for now, it's best you keep your distance from her..You don't want to bring her harm, do you..?"

Hilda gloomily looked to Trylla, wiping away a tear and looking a different direction. "Yeah..I..Don't want to hurt Frida...I need..To keep my distance.."

Distance.. Distance...

Distance..

As their adventure continues.