[18]

Wednesday.

Hilda and Trylla rested that evening and waited outside during the night, close to the wall but not to the point where the town would feel threatened. Hilda saw Johanna though.

She did see her mom. She saw Twig, and Tontu- And Baba- But the sun was already rising, and they wouldn't get there in time. Trylla scooped Hilda up, looking back at the others before running inside the cave. The largest troll roared with its second head as it stumbled to the opening, sitting down in front of it.

He glared at the group, snarling before he hardened and locked into place. . .Tontu and Alfur stayed quiet while Johanna sobbed, promising eachother that they wouldn't speak of it, so Johanna wouldn't be ashamed for breaking down in front of the people she cared for.

They did however, hug Johanna, and let her weep..

Yet, she had enough. She went back to the car, Raven awake and drinking some water. "Raven..I need you to make a new opening in the mountain.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Apparently. Raven can't do that. He has an agreement with the trolls. Don't destroy the mountain, we don't destroy the puny humans. Fair. It was really fair.

Raven offered to move the giant troll, but Johanna said she didn't want to risk him passing out for doing too much. So, they stayed put. Frida came by, did I mention that? She hadn't noticed Johanna and her family, she was..Distracted..

Frida neared the mountain, and sat a ways from the giant troll. Johanna pulled out a blanket from the back, walking to Frida, sitting down by her. "Johanna-"

"Hello Frida.." She greeted, wrapping the blanket around her. "Miss her too huh?"

Frida softened, "Yeah..I..I only just got her back a few days ago- But she..I don't know..I haven't been away from her this long..Is it..Normal to feel so broken..?"

Johanna exhaled, "Unfortunately yes. But it'll weaken til something is strong enough to bring it back.."

Frida wiped her tears, "I want Hilda back.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Waiting til night was a terrible option, it really was. But Frida had come up with a plan, and had Tilly help out. "Ooh dear, haven't done this spell in a while." Tilly laughed, stretching out. "Alright~"

She drew a large circle with her wand, muttering softly as she continued to draw a circle after the other. Just as the troll began to chip, a mist came from nowhere, before disappearing. As well as the girls. The troll stumbled, looking around, smiling mischievously before turning and going inside the mountain.

It let out a roar, several others following before trolls came out. Frida took Johanna and Tilly's hands, stepping inside the mountain. Trolls passed them, exiting with food, friends or trinkets. Frida followed her gut as she went through the halls.

Johanna and Tilly said nothing, both more focused on the trolls that could sniff them out and possibly squash them- Frida picked up the pace, taking two more turns before- "Hilda."

Trylla handed her a cup, cooing softly, "We wait another minute..If he causes a scene, we have others to back us up.."

Hilda growled softly, lowering her head, "I want to go now.."

Trylla pat her head, "Patience-" Trylla perked, getting in a defensive position as she growled towards the girls. "Something's here--"

Hilda turned, the iron glistening on her chin as the flame flickered. "Frida are you sure--" Tilly looked to the witchlet. "Frida!-"