[21]

Thursday.

Dang Troll Laws..

Though Hilda felt better, she asked Johanna if it was okay to stay another day as she needed to be there for the Arena of Law since they would finish processing it by dusk. She was declined, and threatened to bring Trevor back unharmed.

Whining and upset, Hilda had begrudgingly untied Trevor and dragged him back to the city. Then she was arrested.

After arguing, Hilda had to be sent home for the night, the troll having to make it quick as the sun was just about to rise. Dressing, she went to bed after a late dinner. Then the morning, now, returning to school, with Johanna.

Hilda guided her mum down the halls, Alfur on her shoulder. "Should we bring up the information?" Alfur asked, looking to Johanna.

"Not until it's necessary or someone spills the beans." Johanna sighed.

Hilda opened the principal's door, Ms.Hallgrim there with Magnusson, and Trevor. And a bi-

Ahem. His mom. Sitting, Frida and David arrived soon after. "Hilda!" Frida ran over to her, hugging her quickly.

"Frida.." Hilda sighed, squeezing her gently. "You okay?"

"Are you? Hilda you got hit in the face with a shovel!!" Frida caressed her cheek.

Hilda shook her head, "It's alright. It didn't hurt when I got it, Lindworm helped me."

"You'll show us later, yeah?" David grinned.

"Duh! It looks cool."

Johanna cleared her throat, Hilda adjusting Frida in her lap, looking to the others. "Hilda; Trevor and the city patrol explained to us what happened.." Ms.Hallgrim uttered. "And since you're a minor, this has to be between us, then the police later if need be.."

Magnusson cooed at the butterfly outside his window, clapping when it landed on it and crawled around. He looked to the group, shuffling out of the room, closing the door. Ms.Hallgrim sighed, "Witch." Trevor's mom blurted.

Trevor glared at Hilda, the changeling quirking a brow. "Frida, David, we'll need your sides to complete the puzzle." Ms.Hallgrim spoke.

"Sure!" David stepped forward. "So-"

. . .

"And now we're here." David finished.

Ms.Hallgrim hummed softly, "That's not what happened." Trevor stood. "And you know it."

"David.." Ms.Hallgrim scowled.

"..Was that my dream..?" He scratched his cheek.

Frida sighed, "We witches have rules. Laws, I suppose. We aren't allowed to harm someone just because. Trevor ticked me off, pushed me to my Trevor Limit, and I planned to bury him alive."

"Wha-"

"He stopped the shovel, kicked me back, and swung. Hilda took the hit." Frida signaled to the pale scar on Hilda's cheek.

"But it's healed." Ms.Hallgrim narrowed her eyes. "You're lying.."

Frida pinched the bridge of her nose, "Johanna.."

"Hilda."

The changeling blinked, "Blinds.."

Frida waved her hand, the blinds rolling down and closing, door locking. Hilda shivered, skin turning to stone, eyes glowing red. "OH DEAR HEAVENS--" Ms.Hallgrim scrambled away.

Trevor hid behind his mom, being pushed forward, the woman cowering. "Oh relax. She's harmless!" Frida hugged Hilda.

"Yeah! I'm harmless!"