[14]

Saturday.

Hilda awoke on a rough surface, a fire in the middle of her room. She jolted up, "Mum–" Hilda cleared her throat. "Mum?-"

Her eyes widened, the troll she befriended sitting by the fire, glancing over at her. "Good morning Hilda.." She greeted.

"W-Wh–? Who–" Hilda crawled forward, slipping and hitting her chin on the stone.

Yet, it didn't hurt. She froze, the troll getting up. "Careful there, wouldn't want you to chip would we?" The troll lightly laughed, helping Hilda sit.

She felt herself, too stunned to speak. "...––? —..."

"Uhm.." The troll tapped her index fingers together. "So! You're a troll–"

"WHAT!?!"

. . . . . .

Frida covered her face, David continuing with his coos, "You kissed~ And you were embarrassed about it~! Oooooo~"

"David please–" Frida squeaked. "I wasn't the only one who was embarrassed okay?!"

David cooed a giggle, Frida pushing him roughly and turning to Raven Leader who returned from the back with a phone. "Frida, David."

The two stood at attention, "Yes Raven Leader?"

"Johanna is on, she needs to talk to you." She held out the phone.

Confused, David took the phone, himself and Frida going a ways from the group and putting the phone closer to their ears. "Hello?" David hummed.

"Hilda's missing–"

"What– What do you mean by missing Johanna?" Frida took the phone. "She did make it home safely last night right?– M-Mom told me she was gone the other day but came back--"

"This is different– OUCH! Would you cut that out–"

"Baba! Baba Baba! Bbbbbbbbbppppt! Hehehehehe~"

David glared at Frida, pulling the phone close again. "Baba stop! Sit! No– NO THAT'S GLASS!!"

The phone fell, several thuds coming from the line. "Hilda wasn't in bed this morning." Alfur spoke. "And we fear she's in the mountain.."

A sniffle, "There was a troll changeling in her place, and the only explanation is that she's in the mountain." Tontu went on.

"H-How's Johanna?" Frida uttered.

Tontu shuffled, gasping and humming nervously as he ran off. The troll changeling babbled in to the phone, squealing and running off, Tontu wailing as he ran from her. "HELP! HELP! HEELLLPP!!"

"BABA STOP STOP STOP!!" Johanna yelled, grunting as she fell on the floor. "Baba– Put. That. Down."

The changeling giggled, squealing and babbling her name, then glass shattered. Alfur hung up, David and Frida looking to eachother, silent.

. . . . . . .

Hilda slid down the hill, panting quietly as she turned the corner, hiding behind the rock. "Hilda please! Let me explain!" The troll stomped forward, looking around before continuing on.

The newfound troll ran out of her spot, gasping when a hand grabbed her waist. "Hilda–"

"Let me go! I have to get home--"

"The sun is up! Where do you expect to go??" The troll sighed. "Hilda please, I'll explain everything just please–"

Hilda growled softly, "I want my girlfriend.."

"Humans do that now?" The troll stomped back to her cave. "Last I saw, they hung or shot those who dated the same-sex.."

Hilda glared back at her, "It's common now..It's common amongst every species?? Linguins steal kids from those who have 'em..Like you did to me! I have Mum– A-And Frida! But you do this, to me!!"

The troll sighed, "Look, I'm sorry. You know how it's like out here..Turning to stone, the fights–"

"Fights?"

"..I'll show you.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda was walked to the bottom of the cave, and there trolls fought, for food. "I can see why you swapped our places.." Hilda mumbled. "But it doesn't justify what you did."

"You're basically an adult! Baba's just a toddler..I can't have her growing up here.."

Hilda growled, "So you let her take my humanity?"

The troll cowered, "Hilda.."

"I have a life too– When I said I'd help you I didn't think it'd be like this! I have people who care about me in Trollberg and you're the only one who cares about Baba! Who knows what my mom is doing– Did you really send her out there?– W-With a bunch of random humans when she doesn't know how to talk??"

Ah. She had a point. The troll sat, holding her head, "Baba.."

"Trylla, you have to switch us back.." Hilda knelt down, placing her hand over the troll's.

She took in a small breath, covering her eyes, "I can't–"

"You can't or won't?–"

"I can't! That's not how the spell works--" She wiped her stone. "You have to return to your mother--"

Hilda sighed, sitting down, "So we do nothing.."

The troll looked up at Trylla, then out over the cliff, 'Wait for me Frida..'

As the adventure continues.