[5]

Frida groaned quietly, tensing up as she felt the sun glaring at her, the star burning her eyes. "Ugh..Bright.." Frida paused. "Bright- We have school--" Frida glanced down, gently shaking Hilda. "Wake up-- Hilda we have to get to school before we're late-"

"No, you listen to me." Frida's mom hissed. "You will excuse this absence and not put it on her record. My daughter has far more important things to do."

Hilda nuzzled in to Frida's chest, the brunette patting her head. "Hilda.."

"You so warm.." Hilda slurred, getting a small shiver.

Frida caressed her cheek, Hilda humming quietly, "I didn't report to the mayor when we had that troll incident during the conference did I?" Frida's mother sassed. "Exactly. Thank you. Have a nice day."

The room door opened, Frida's mother peeking in, doing a close and open hand wave, "Morning Frida, this is the one time I'll do this so enjoy it while it lasts. I'm heading to work, I'll leave cash on the counter so you can go eat out. Be back before noon?"

Frida nodded slowly, yawning, Hilda shuffling as her leg fell asleep. She whined quietly, giving Frida a tight squeeze, making her tense up a bit as Hilda was on the brink of cracking Frida's back. "Thank you mother.." Frida strained.

She nodded, closing the door, walking off. Hilda let Frida go, pushing her roughly. "Flip.."

"Flip?"

"Face..Face the other way.." Hilda mumbled.

Frida did as she was told, Hilda moving up, laying back down properly. She wrapped her arm around Frida's waist, pulling her over, completing the spoon. "Hi-Hilda-"

"Shh..Sleep.."

"It's nine--"

"And you're mine.."

"Huh-"

"Til I..Not tired.." Hilda nuzzled Frida's back, humming quietly. "So tired.."

"Hilda- I'm ticklish there-"

The bluenette pulled back a bit, then let Frida go. "Sorry..Remem..bered about being..Clingy.." Hilda yawned, sitting up. "I'll go to the living room.."

Frida sat up, "Wait no-- It's okay, I don't mind it..Come lay back down.."

Hilda paused, then shook her head. "Its okay..I can go sleep on the couch, it'll be for a bit anyways.."

Frida crawled in to Hilda's lap, gently pushing Hilda down, lying over her. "Hug me."

"What?-"

"Hug me." Frida hissed.

Hilda hesitantly hugged Frida, gently rubbing her back, "Hugging you.."

"Blanket."

Hilda reached over, grabbing the blanket and pulling it over herself and Frida. "Got it.."

"I'm upset."

"Good work pats.." Hilda pat Frida's head.

"Still upset."

Hilda thought for a moment, then pulled Frida up a bit, kissing her forehead. "There there.."

"..Little less upset.."

Hilda felt her eyes grow heavy, the familiar rubbing Frida's back, "Going to fall asleep.."

"Wait wait one more-- It made me feel better--" Frida pushed herself up a bit.

Hilda sighed, kissing Frida's head, ruffling her hair, "There.."

"Here too." Frida pointed to her cheek.

"Is this platonic..?"

"Yes."

Hilda kissed her cheek, Frida pointing to the other side, Hilda giving her another kiss. "Tired.." The bluenette mumbled.

"One more?"

"Frida.."

"Please??"

"I'm tired.."

"Fine.."

Hilda relaxed, Frida caressing her cheek to help her doze off a little quicker. In a few minutes, Hilda's breath steadied, the bluenette having fallen asleep. Frida gazed at Hilda, kissing her forehead. "I'm going to go get ready, and I'll come back to check on you, then we'll get breakfast, okay?"

The bluenette only turned slightly, Frida slipping out of her grasp. Frida walked to her room door, opening it quietly, leaving it open as she went to the bathroom. "Frida?"

The witch screamed, jumping up, looking towards her bookshelf, "Oh my troll Tontu--"

He came out of the hole, looking around, "Did Hilda come over? I don't remember if I brought her.."

"Yes..She did.." Frida sighed, gripping her shirt. "Why.."

"Johanna is worried, can I take her back?" Tontu sniffled and wiped his nose.

"No!" Frida hissed. "No. She's sleeping, leave her alone."

Tontu turned left and walked to Frida's room, "Hilda--"

Frida rushed over, closing the door, blocking it, "No! She's my familiar and you can't take her!"

Tontu shrugged, "Okay." He walked to the front door.

Frida gasped when she saw a flash, opening her room door. Tontu tugged at Hilda's arm, the familiar humming quietly, getting up. "Tontu..?"

He waved at Frida and went through the drawer with Hilda. "That little-- Tontu!" Frida went down by her bed. "Tontu-"

Her nisse came out, "Hm?"

"Take me to Hilda's."

"Anything to declare?"

"I'll get you a new pencil holder!"

It took Frida's hand, dragging her under the bed, the witch bring taken through the nisse space. It was quick, the nisse stopping at one and pushing Frida through it. "Bring back a purple one!"

Frida went through the space, the witch grabbing her familiar. "She's mine!" Frida hissed. "Ah- Good morning Johanna-"

The woman covered her mouth, "Oh my--"

Tontu took Hilda's hand, tugging at it, trying to take her back. Frida scooped Hilda up, stepping back, "Muh..? Mnn.." Hilda hid her face in Frida's neck, relaxing in her grasp.

Frida sighed quietly, holding Hilda close, "Hilda is owned by herself." Tontu tugged at Hilda's shirt. "You can't have her."

The witch glared at him, then kicked him back, Tontu rolling back, landing on his stomach. "Ouch."

"Technically, I own Hilda. She's my familiar, my lifetime companion." Frida uttered.

Johanna rose a brow, "She is my daughter."

Frida slouched, "You wouldn't mind me taking her in the future..Would you?" She nervously smiled.

Johanna frowned, "She has school."

"Ah- M-My mom granted me day off- Could you maybe..Allow Hilda the day off to rest as well..?"

Johanna narrowed her eyes at Frida, then sighed. "She better be up by eleven. And you two aren't staying cooped up in the house all day so you both better be gone by 11:30."

Frida nodded furiously, adjusting how she held Hilda, turning and laying her on the bed. "Tontu, I'm sorry for kicking you. But you did touch my familiar while I was caring for her." Frida moved Hilda's hair back.

The bluenette hummed quietly at the action, then shivered, curling up slightly. Johanna walked off, Frida taking this as her chance to care properly for her familiar. Tontu grumbled in the background, going back to his space, Frida taking that as another chance.

The witch crawled in to bed with Hilda, moving the covers over, snuggling up against Hilda. "This was a good idea."

As their adventure continues.