[27]

Saturday.

Frida awoke, in her bed. She gasped when she recognized the area, sitting up, "Hilda-"

Her mother pushed her back down, holding her breath, "You scared me- Don't do that-" She cleared her throat. "Hilda is home. She brought you back this morning, and we're on lockdown.."

"What-"

"City patrol sent out an order to stay home." Tontu came out from under Frida's bed. "I can take you to Hilda."

"Please-" Frida scrambled out of bed. "I need to make sure she's okay-"

Tontu took her hand, waving at Frida's mother before taking Frida into nowhere space. They jumped through a few portals, Frida exiting one by herself, yelping when she fell face first on the carpet. "She's not home." Tontu turned the page in his book. "Hasn't been back."

Frida grunted, shufflingon the carpet, "Where is she?-" Frida got up.

"We don't know.." Alfur jumped down. "She left a letter, but I don't understand it.."

"It's in trollish." Tontu sniffled, holding out the letter.

Frida took it, unfolding it, "Tch- I can't understand any of it..But maybe I can.." She muttered softly, feeling the paper, snapping. "Ah. Much better."

The letters morphed, the letter translating, "Ahlberg doing bad. Witches in danger no longer, we kidnap. Please come, bring Tildy or head."

"Uh..I hope she means head as in head witch.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda picked the flowers, gloves squeaking at the cautious movement, Lindworm frowning at the sight. "Such beautiful flowers..Housing such a deadly creature." Lindworm opened her pot.

The changeling, currently troll, set the flowers in, Lindworm striking a flame. She set the flowers on fire, then the area they were picked from. Water was thrown on top, Trylla stepping back, "Is everything dead?"

"Yes, that was the last bunch we found." Lindworm mumbled, looking around. "Did you get them all?"

Several patrol officers were tied up in the corner, Ahlberg tied on the king's nose. Once in awhile, the king would blow on him and send Ahlberg squealing for the fun of it. Gerda was left alone, the officer assisting the trolls in cleaning up the dirty water.

"Changeling, your witch is here." A troll ran over. "But we can't let her in. She brought a guest."

Hilda perked, "Is it a white haired witch?"

"Yes, it is." The troll nodded. "Is she trusting?"

"Yes! Please guide them here."

The troll stomped back to the entrance, coming soon after with Frida and Tildy. "Hilda!" Frida smiled brightly, jumping into her familiar's arms.

Hilda hugged Frida, relaxing at the touch she recieved, "I love you so much Frida!" Hilda exclaimed. "I missed you!"

Frida giggled, "I missed you too~"

Hilda pouted, "My 'I love you'?"

Frida kissed Hilda's cheek, brushing back her vibrant hair, "I love you Hilda. So much."

Hilda cooed and giggled, gently knocking her head against Frida's, "I missed you so much Frida, I was so upset when I had to leave you home last night.."

"Hilda.." Tildy stepped forward. "You have no reason to lie.."

Hilda looked away, Frida drawing back, "What..Are you lying about..?" Frida gently took Hilda's chin, tilting her head to meet her gaze. "Hilda. What are you hiding?"

The changeling chittered softly, lowering her head, "......"

"It wasn't last night, Frida.." Tildy sighed. "Ahlberg threatened all the trolls with lichen..And we uh..Kind of had to relocate the tower.."

Frida grew serious, looking to Hilda, "How long have I been out..?"

"Three days." Lindworm slithered over. "Hilda asked you and the entirety of Trollberg to be under a curse, and we've only woken a few."

"The puny human caused much destruction." Trylla stomped over.

Lindworm nodded, "While we've been in a small battle, nisse, elves, weather spirits and more have aided in caring for the humans. Especially those in hospitals, whom were cared for by available witches."

Tildy sighed, "And since we couldn't risk you or others to do something unnecessary, we let you rest. Hilda has helped in multiple ways, especially with the lichen." Tildy signaled to the cleansed earth.

"Ahlberg tossed several masses of flowers housing lichen inside.." Hilda mumbled. "Only Lindworm and I could handle it before the weather spirit came and started cleaning the trolls effected.."

Frida swallowed, "You didn't want to wake me..?"

Hilda sighed quietly, stone reverting to skin. What Frida hadn't noticed was iron, could be noticed when Hilda turned back. A long, pale scar was across Hilda's face, healed but very visible. "I didn't want you to worry is all.."

"Frida, Dear," Tildy moved closer. "Do not feel upse-"

Frida's wand slipped free from her bag, a red glow coming from it. Frida grabbed it, her wand extending into a long sword, "Hilda..Point me in the direction of who was responsible.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda trilled, nuzzling into Frida's chest, cheek being caressed while Frida was lucky enough to have Tildy brush out her bloodied hair. "My poor girlfriend.." Frida kissed her head. "You should have told me! I would have worried yes, but then I would have comforted you for hours."

Snuggling up more, Hilda kissed Frida's chin, relaxing, "I know..But you would have stressed yourself helping.. I had to stay up for three days.."

Frida frowned, "Hilda. Sleep." Frida pulled Hilda's head into her chest. "I'll wake you up for lunch."

The changeling sighed, relaxing into Frida, "Mmr....rr..."

Maybe Hilda could spare a few hours..

As their adventure continues.