[26]

Wednesday.

Trevor tried pushing a few boundaries at school, and Hilda wasn't having it. "I'll choke you if-"

"You're going to choke me?- Ms.Hallgrim did you hear that!?" Trevor fell back. "Hilda is threatening me!"

Hilda jerked forward, Frida patting her head. "Hilda. What do we silence?" Frida asked softly.

"Trevor-" She growled, gripping her table, the stone trailing up her hand before receding.

"Hilda, we silence the bells. While bells ring when hit--"

"Trevor does the same if I slap him!" Hilda growled.

Frida pulled her ear, "No! Bells ring when hi- Actually you're right Trevor is a bell. But bells aren't made of flesh and bones, you can't hit him."

Trevor stuck his tounge out, Hilda's eyes glowing red as she growled softly. "Fine..Only because you're telling me not to.." Hilda turned her head.

Frida pat her head, sitting back down. David cleared his throat, standing up, "Frida didn't give me permission not to hit Trevor. So I volunteer." He rose his hand.

Hilda smiled brightly, "Do it David!"

Trevor blanked, then gasped, "Wait what-?"

'THWAK!'

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda rose her arms, Frida circling her, poking her lower back, "Does the iron feel cold?"

"Ghn..Mn." Hilda shook her head, looking to Frida.

"Interesting.." Frida circled the iron scar on Hilda's cheek. "Does the stone around it hurt?"

Hilda shook her head again, lowering her arms slightly, "Gnnmh.."

"Hm?"

Hilda cleared her throat, "It might be different for other trolls.."

"Oh. But I'm not doing it on trolls." Frida caressed Hilda's cheek. "I'm doing it on changelings. And my lovely girlfriend is helping me."

Hilda smiled, "I would kiss you if I could."

"Don't worry," Frida hummed. "We're almost done."

"Great, and we would be done if you had stopped flirting." David uttered, typing the information Frida provided into the borrowed school computer. "Do you have high pain tolerance?"

Hilda nodded, "I fell off a tree and landed on my back, only chipped."

"The chip was large, Hilda."

"Didn't feel a thing." She said proudly. "Oh, while we're on the topic..I told the King about it, he's planning on speaking the the giant."

Frida lightly knocked on Hilda's stone, "Tonight?" Frida wrote down on her notebook.

"Yes, I will not be allowed to go as I have to protect my girlfriend."

"Oh?" Frida looked to her. "You do?"

"The elves have been keeping an eye on city patrol, and they're planning something today. So we're going to hide out."

"I'm assuming it's concerning witches." David shuffled. "Any bonuses as a changeling?"

Hilda nodded, "My girlfriend loves me even more cause I gained some muscle." Hilda grinned.

Frida giggled, blushing and lightly hitting Hilda's arm. "Not true~"

"Not true?" Hilda pulled her girlfriend over. "Look at your pretty face! It's turning red!"

Frida squealed, lowering her head, "Hilda!"

"It's not like I'm lying~" Hilda cooed, chittering softly. "But let's finish this as fast as we can, I need to tell Mum we'll be not home."

"Will we be at mine then?" Frida snuggled closer.

"I'll tell you later, while we're outside the wall, I don't feel safe telling you out in the open." Hilda hummed. "David, next question?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda informed Frida's mom about the issue, and was told to lock her doors and they would be back in the morning. Then, Frida was walked to the library, trolls waiting at the door, currently stone. "It's serious then.." Frida mumbled, squeezing Hilda's hand.

"Yes..It is.." Hilda gently squeezed back, silently closing the door. "I'm staying in the first room, you're staying in the third with Kaisa."

Frida looked to her quickly, "You're not staying with me??"

"No, I can't. I need to be up here in case something happens." Hilda uttered. "Frida, I love you. I'll come say goodnight soon."

"But-"

"It's just for tonight."

"Hilda--"

"I promise."

Frida cowered. "Just..Take care of yourself, okay?"

Hilda kissed her nose, "Of course. I'll be down later, don't forget to tell Kaisa to close the doors."

Frida held Hilda tightly, nuzzling into the crook of her neck, "..Can you take me down..?"

Hesitantly, Hilda leaned down and lifted Frida up, kissing her cheek. "Yes. I can. I love you."

Frida tightened her hold, "I love you too Hilda.."

The witch relaxed when several, soft kisses were placed over her face. While they were nice, she knew they wouldn't last and would later be used as an apology if- When something happened to Hilda. Frida returned kisses as Hilda went down the stairs, her familiar opening the secret passages.

Reaching the third layer, Frida was set on the lounge chair, hair being brushed back. "Frida, Dearest." Hilda kissed her forehead. "I'll check up on you later, during the night."

"I'll be sure to sense you then." Frida rubbed her back. "I love you."

Hilda smiled, "I love you too."

Frida gave Hilda a tight hug, "Goodnight.."

Hilda held Frida tightly, nuzzling into the crook of her neck, "..I guess..I can stay with you for a bit.." Hilda kissed Frida's cheek, lying down on top of her.

Frida giggled, laughing even more when Hilda poked at her sides. Her familiar sighed, nuzzling into the crook of Frida's neck. The witch smiled when she felt Hilda's own grin at her neck, giving her a tight squeeze. "There you are." Kaisa walked over. "I was looking for you upstairs."

Hilda growled softly, holding Frida tightly, "Ten more minutes. Ten more hours."

Kaisa poked her back, "You made your oath as a familiar, go upstairs."

Hilda whined, "NooOoooo! My girlfriend needs me!"

"Your girlfriend is also a witch." Kaisa forced Hilda up. "And you're her familiar! Do your job!"

Hilda scowled, stomping back upstairs, Kaisa rolling her eyes. "Such a child. Get some rest Frida, this will be over before long."

Frida nodded, sighing before turning, "Night Kaisa.."

"Night Frida." Kaisa turned to the bookshelf. '..For our sake..They better not get through the first door..'

       As their adventure continues.