[15]

Sunday.

Johanna woke up early to feed everyone, then got them into the car and out they went. Baba looked around at the trolls, humming quietly, "Baba?"

The rock in front of her, had a bell. Baba looked to Tontu, the Nisse turning, looking at her before looking at the bell. He sighed, holding his arms up. Baba giggled, picking him up and throwing him on top. He untied the bell, Johanna taking it from him, ripping out the clapper. She offered it to Twig who turned his head and placed it in his left backpack pocket.

Alfur sighed, "Thirteen..And we only got here a minute ago.."

Baba tugged at Johanna's pant leg, the woman placing the bell in Twig's other pocket, looking to the troll changeling. "What's wrong Baba?"

She babbled, falling on to her knees, crawling to another trollrock. She rose her arms, whining quietly as she reached for the bell. Twig ran over, Baba giving him a boost, the deer fox landing on the nose. He untied the bell, Tontu quickly catching it before it rung, snapping off the clapper.

This went on, for an hour. Baba made sure to look at every trollrock, searching for Trylla. "Baba.." The changeling sighed, sitting down and pouting.

Twig slipped in to her lap, curling up, and barking softly. The changeling pat his head, tearing up and holding him tightly, "B-Baba- Hicc- Bbbbaba-"

She wailed, covering her face, Twig licking her cheek, nuzzling her gently. Johanna scooped her up, continuing their mission. Twig had to go back to the car several times to put the broken bells in bigger baskets. All the trolls were rid of bells, some having papers in front of them with a picture of Hilda.

So when the sun set, the trolls who had shade first cracked to see papers, picking them up and examining them. They looked to eachother, holding on to the papers before stomping inside the mountain, and began a search. "It's cold.." Hilda mumbled, feeling the illusion she made.

"It's the air. You take the moisture from it combined with your magic and it makes illusions." Trylla smiled, letting her woff go.

The red illusion did a loop before flying off, Hilda humming softly. "Is this you..?" A troll creeped in, holding up the paper.

Hilda walked over, taking the paper, examining it, "This is me!" She flipped it. "My mom is looking for me!"

"D-Does it say anything about Baba?-" Trylla looked over the paper.

Hilda nodded, "Here!"

A little note in bold, corner of the page, "Baba is safe, she knows how to cross the street now"

It was definitely Alfur's writing. Hilda hummed quickly, "We have to go! They'll come back soon and it's almost curfew!" Hilda sprung up, thanking the troll before her and running off.

Trylla followed, Hilda's sense for finding the exit growing by the minute. She stepped out, spotting a patrol car drive off. A troll cried out, covering itself, other trolls looking over. Hilda looked at it, catching the glimpse of a bell, going around to it. "May I?"

"Please- It hurts..--" The troll winced at the light tink.

Hilda grabbed the bottom, pulling off the bell, squeezing. She shattered it, turning and throwing it as far as she could. "I'm going to go check before I do what is on the paper, help out the others." Hilda explained to Trylla before running off.

She neared the city, spotting several trolls struggling to help others while they were in trouble themselves. Hilda halted them, and one by one, their bells were removed. She got them to spread out and continue helping the others, and each time Hilda grew closer to the wall.