[13]

Friday, 2 am.

Johanna paced around her living room, worried. Hilda hadn't come home yet. She hummed, looking to the phone. She swallowed, walking over to it, picking up the phone and dialing a number. It took awhile, but the phone was answered. "Muhholooh.?"

"Hey- I-Is Hilda with you? I'd have expected her to come home but if she had stayed over the night with you--"

"Hilda's not here.." Frida's Mum uttered. "She did drop Frida off a few hours ago but that was it.."

Johanna dragged her hand down her face, lip quivering, "Okay. Thank you. I'll call David's.."

"Goodnight Johanna.."

"Goodnight.."

She placed the phone back, looking over to Tontu. He walked closer, hugging her leg, "Don't worry about Hilda. She gets herself in all sorts of trouble and always bounces back." Tontu assured. "She'll be home soon."

Johanna sighed quietly, "I hope so.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Early in the morning, six thirty, Johanna jolted up when a door was slammed open. She shot up, looking to the front door, "HILDA!"

The brunette stumbled down, panting heavily, "Mum.."

Tontu and Twig rushed over, the Nisse hugging Hilda while Twig tried to get her to carry him. "Hilda where have you been?- I-I've been waiting for you all night and-"

"Mum stop.." Hilda swayed from side to side. "I've been up all night..You can ground me later but.."

"I know your date is tonight with Frida, and I won't let you miss that. I will ground you after it cause you've been missing!!" Johanna closed the door, moving Hilda's hair back. "Where have you been??"

"The mountain..Mum..The trolls aren't as bad as you think.." Hilda looked up at her. "But they need help.."

Alfur grunted as he pulled himself up on the bench, "Trolls are ferocious, unforgiving creatures! What do you mean they heed help?" He opened his notepad.

Hilda fell limp against Johanna, relaxing. "Sigh. We'll talk when she wakes..I'll call Frida's to tell them she's home.."

"I'll go set up her bed.." Tontu pat Hilda's head before going under the drawer by them.

Twig whimpered, licking Hilda's cheek before stepping back. He neared Alfur, the elf hopping on his antler, the two returning to the bedroom. Johanna scooped Hilda up, carefully standing, walking to her bedroom. Tontu fluffed up the pillow, setting it down, hopping off the bed.

Johanna lied Hilda down, pulling the covers over her, kissing her head. "I'll make breakfast when you're up..Come on Tontu.."

He followed Johanna out, closing the room door, silence falling the home. But out on the mountain, the echo of a roar fell on the forest. The sun was coming up..

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hilda woke six hours later, tried to sleep for longer but that was all she could get after she remembered her date with Frida. She took a shower, put on something nice and left her room to see Johanna. "Mum?"

"You're up!" Johanna set the plate down. "What happened last night? Where did you go?"

Hilda rubbed her eyes, going to the table. "After I dropped Frida off, the troll Alfur, Twig and I helped get to the mountain was there. It needed.. Help, I guess? I said I needed to get home soon but I'd spare what little time I could.."