CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: OUR HEARTS, BREAKS

Unaware who was knocking, Tristan stood to answer the door and to his greatest surprise, it was Angel's mom.

He couldn't find the right words to utter but confusion and she noticed that.

She excused herself and entered anyway.

"Uhm come on in" Tristan says, as he watches Angel's mom enter on her own.

He was nervous and at the same time confused.

"What would you like to take Mrs. Shannon?" Tristan offered knowing fully well this was not a friendly visit.

Angel's mom didn't give him any answer, she looked around the house disgustingly and then rolled her eyes and they looked like they would fall out.

"Please....I came here to talk and not exchange pleasantries." She replied.

She managed to sit down at the edge of the chair and she looked like she would almost fall out.

"I don't want to keep seeing you with my daughter. I don't hate you Tristan. You just have nothing good to offer my daughter and I think if you truly loved her, you'd let her have a nice life which you can't possibly give to her" she said.

There was silence for a few seconds.....

"Wow!" Tristan chuckled. He walked to the window and rested his body on the wall.

"This is definitely not what I was expecting." He replied.

"Why do you hate me so much? All I ever did was love your d.." he was caught off

"Stop right there. Love?" Angel's Mom asked.
She stood up and dropped her bag on the chair.

"This isn't love?" She said, sounding more like a question.

"Tristan, you live with your brother, you don't have a good job and probably cannot afford college. You don't have a good future ahead" she states.

Hurtfully, Tristan stands straight, folding his hands.

"Angel's dad and I are all she has. She has to go to college, meet people of the same class as her and fall in actual love. You don't have anything to offer her Tristan. You are only dragging her down with you and I don't want that" she completed and as Tristan opened his mouth to talk, she shushed him.

She reached for her bag and brought a paper out.

"Here's a cheque of 5 millions dollars. Yes! I am offering you a chance to have a great life but without my daughter" she said.

Tristan was dumbfounded and didn't know what to say.

"You can have the life you so much want and all you need to do is break my daughter's heart so she can move on" she added.

"What!? Are you Insane?" Tristan complained with a frown.

"I am not insane. I am a mother. Angel is betrothed and this cheque is a consolation prize for you. She has a great guy that loves her and she's ready to settle but you're making her confused. What she feels for you is just infatuation but for Lance? It is real" she states and this time around Tristan knew what to say.

"Right! I need you to leave my house. You came here to not only insult and embarrass my love for Angel but to also insult her? That, I will not accept. Please leave before I make you" Tristan says with an angered face.

Angel's mom scoffs and shakes her head.

"I don't think you know the gravity of what I'm offering you." She replied.