CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: OH MY BETROTHED

Things haven't really been the same for Angel but Lance seems to be a nice guy and they've been getting to know each other which is actually just all part of their little scheme and today was the day they were supposed to go out and make it look like a date.

"Oh my dear, I am so glad you and Lance have decided to give this a chance and actually get to know each other" Angel's Mom says and that made Angel glare at her and then scoff.

"I don't care about you right now and whatever it is that you're hoping to gain from this little drama of yours? Will not be successful and I also don't have the time to start talking about all that okay? I have a date with my betrothed" she says and leaves her mom in the room and heads out.

They are currently still in New Orleans and are planning to leave by the end of the week.

Tristan went back to the Car race and fortunately for him, he found out that the rest of the gangs that had something to do with the death of Dylan have been arrested and even though that wasn't the justice he wanted, he was still glad they were out of town and currently locked up.

Dylan's death affected Tristan more than any of them and that's not because the rest aren't close but the two knew each other first and they come way long than the others and Dylan was like a brother to him but it's better to let go and try to move on

He left the streets back home in a sad state, but a little bit glad that they were gone for good.

.............................................

"So how is your town like?'' Lance asks and Angel shrugs and just smiled

"It is just like home and even though a lot of the dudes aren't really my type but I still manage to have fun" she replied, with a wink.

"Really? So am I your type then? Lance says as he comes close to Angel and she just smiles and then shakes her head.

"I don't think so" and then she smirked and climbed the stairs after Lance brought them home

"What exactly is your plan? I mean, we can't keep going on dates and lying and pretending! Besides we're returning to Florida weekend" Angel says, more like whispered.

"Honestly? I just want to finish High School like every normal kid, fall in love, have sex on the beach and just make tons of mistakes that I might eventually regret" Lance rants and Angel was about to say something but Lance waves his hands

"Yea yea, I know. That's not the answer you were looking for. Anyways, High school is ending in Five months and if we can just stall them and make it look like we're in love or something, I don't know. It'll take them off our necks enough for us to leave for college or whatever and move on" He stated, smiling.

"Not bad, I think that might work. Oh! I should probably tell my boyfriend about all of this" Angel says, bringing her phone out of her pocket.

"Why? You're scared you might fall in love with me for real? Huh?" Lance says, smirking and that caused Angel to chuckle

"Funny. Not even a chance Lance. Goodnight Lance, I'll see you tomorrow" She replied and turned to leave.

"Ouch! Angel, have a good night's rest" Lance said and they both smiled at each other.

—————-

Angel got to her room, and while undressing, she dialed Tristan's and after a few rings, he picked up.

"Hey handsome"

"Hey pretty" Tristan replied and there was silence for a second before they burst into laughter