CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: WORLD APART

After the text he got from Angel. He was certain she wanted nothing to do with him. Even though he was confused, because the night before, they had some mutual feelings that made him think things were going to be fine between them.
But suddenly she doesn't want to see him anymore. Could it be her mom's doing?
Graduation is right around the corner and soon they'll be moving for college and he still doesn't know his future with Angel and that made him even more restless.

The night they were supposed to meet.

Angel was dressed and ready to meet Tristan at the food truck. Her parents were busy watching some show while she just said bye to them and left.

Her car was nowhere to be found, confused. She looked around because she was sure she had parked her car right here. But now it's gone.
She walked back in and called out to her parents.

"Uh guys. I can't find my car" she said, behind her parents.
Her Dad looked at her mom guiltily.

"Hello....?" Angel trails, asking again.

"You will no longer have access to your car, your credit cards, parties, friends, unnecessary shopping and you will do right by not seeing that good for nothing Tristan anymore" her mom said with her eyes glued to the TV screen and showing no emotions at all.

Angel walks to the front of the TV angrily.
"What the fuck!" She shouts.
"Watch your language young lady. Now this is just the beginning. If you don't stop seeing that boy, I will make sure he goes to jail for something he has no idea about and suffers immensely" she added.
Angel chuckled nervously, her eyes going from her Dad to her Mom. The smile ended immediately when she saw her dad looking down, ashamed.

"You can't just do that!" Angel snapped.
"Oh but I already did" her Mom replies with a smug face.

Angel looked at her dad for help and he just shrugged.

"Sweetheart, I think it's best to keep your distance with him for now" he suggested
"Not for now. Forever!" Her mom added with a raised voice.

Angel looked at both of them unbelievably and jolted to her room in tears, locking the door behind her. 

She didn't know what to do right now and she knows her mom too well to even think that she was bluffing.

She picks her phone amidst tears and sobs, and texts Tristan. She suggested they don't see each other again.

Not telling him the reason why but she knew this was the best thing to do. Especially if she wanted to protect him.
She flops on her bed and lets the tears swallow her.
She couldn't tell Tristan what was going on because knowing him, he won't take that and will just end up getting hurt.

Her life with Tristan is officially over.

Present day.

Tristan hasn't been out of his room and it seems like he wasn't planning to anytime soon.

Jamie called the boys and they came over to the house.

After several knocks, he jolted to the door and snapped.
"What!?" He shouts but his question was  answered by the pity face of Jamie who looked like he really needed his brother, standing with him was Austin and Nathan.

Tristan calms down and leaves the door open. They followed him inside without saying anything as Tristan sits on his bed looking into space.

"What is going on, Tris. You don't ever shut me out" Jamie whispered.

Tristan felt guilt embrace him immediately and he let his head fall on his hands.

He didn't want them seeing him like this but with everything that has happened this year, he just couldn't hold it in. Slowly, he let it all out. The tears, the sobs. He  let them out.