CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: AWOKEN FEELINGS

Four years Later

It was nearing the end of summer. The wind that blew carried an autumnal nip. The leaves were still on the trees, but were becoming dry, perched like birds ready to fly off. Their color was yellow, approaching brown. One or two eager leaves had fallen already but those were isolated ones, too few to matter.
New York never sleeps, the busy nights, the noisy streets, cars and music. People are always walking, heading to work, school or whatever. You'll always see something to either make you happy or angry. If it isn't the shouting cab drivers then it is the group of people playing instruments or dancing in the subways.
This was the fourth year since Angel and Tristan departed. One might think that the past years would make them forget each other but it was as if they were not sure how to love anyone else. Tristan wanted to become a man that could stand up for someone he loves, clearly Angel. He knew being the old town boy would not help. Angel wanted to stand on her own, away from her parents' grip and control. As long as Angel wasn't with Tristan, her mom will remain happy of course. That was what she wanted. How could she be so comfortable watching her unhappy just so she could get what she really wants? Angel still wonders.
But fate is always around the corner.

The big show that everyone has been talking about was finally here. The love of Sarah Jones. It was a play that everyone could not wait to watch. If you're the helpless romantic type and still think plays are a thing then this show is for you. There's are big posters displaying the covers of the show almost everywhere. This is what Angel wants. Her pictures someday over there, the broadcast, people coming to watch her plays or movies but right now, it is her turn to watch others before they watch hers.
****
"I can't find my wallet, oh wait I found it!" Clarissa shouts. The room was scattered, Angel was currently in the showers and as if she wasn't late already. She was singing. "Angel, dang it! Be fast!" Zhilan shouts. "Okay, okay, sorry" Angel shouts back, hurrying herself from the bathroom.
She gets out of the bathroom with speed. Hurriedly slides her underwear in. Her hair was wet, so she quickly tried to blow dry it.
"Gimme that" Clarissa collects the dryer from her. Angel gives her a thank you smile and uses the opportunity to cream her body. She quickly does her makeup. Zhilan was trying to at least pack some of the stuff that was scattered literally everywhere by the three of them. "We're still going to mess up the place, Zhilan. Just leave it" Angel says, looking at Zhilan from the mirrors. She just throws the shirt in her hands on the floor. "Fine" she replies and they laugh.
In a few more minutes they were ready and finally left the room. Of course no matter how late they are, they always do kill the look. Well, thanks to Clarissa of course.
The girls hurried to the theater, the door went open and all eyes turned to them.
"Ladies, I have told you that..." Zhilan cuts the teacher off "We're so sorry, a car hit this innocent cat and there was no one to carry it so we had to help the poor little beautiful kitten" she lied. The girls looked at her, confused. Clearly she knows how to escape.
Mrs. Joan fell for it because she was a vegetarian, animal lover and rescuer. Her hands grasp her chest dramatically and she gasps. "Is it okay?" She asks.
Zhilan walked over quickly and showed her a picture of a cat that was actually hit by a car. Right now Mrs. Joan wanted to cry. "Thank you for your acts of humanity." She says to the girls proudly and they nod quickly. "But don't be late again," she added. They take their seats and the two look at Zhilan for explanation. "I saw the picture online, what?" She says as if it was the obvious thing. They laugh quietly. That was typical Zhilan. "Strange" Clarissa whispered.
After class they decided to have lunch outside the school. "You should be an actor Zhilan, you got moves" Clarissa says and they all laugh. They stroll through the streets of New York. "When do you think Mrs. Joan is gonna realize Zhilan is actually lying?" Angel asks in between laughs and they laughed again, uncontrollably.
Angel was hanging out with her roommates who have soon become her best friends. For once in her life she feels like she actually has friends. These girls might be from different parts of the world but they were soon becoming sisters to her. Clarissa and Zhilan are good listeners and they always know what to say. Zhilan is the quiet one but sometimes she can be loud, especially when she's in the mood.
Angel had to tell them about Tristan and they felt bad for her.
"No one should ever have to sacrifice their love because our parents suddenly feel they know what's best for us," Clarissa said, the day Angel told them everything.
Clarissa doesn't have a boyfriend but Zhilan does. Clarissa is more in love with theater than she is for anyone. She has a very great fashion sense and knows how to make a statement. She is of course a designer, with a great personality . Curly hair, her lips are full and plump, the down lip is red, she has brown eyes, 5'6ft, curvy and beautiful black skin. Zhilan is slender, 5'5th, her skin looked flawless, tiny pink lips, blue tiny eyes, her hair is very long and black. They are usually straight, she is beautiful. They both are. But that wasn't all, they were both really smart. Zhilan is an instrumentalist, maybe that's why she was usually quiet, she practiced a lot and all the time it felt like they should be paying her to play because the girl is good. She plays beautifully and captivatingly. Clarissa is a fashion enthusiast, she is Vogue herself. Although her voice is like that of a siren singing to draw her bait under the sea, sometimes she is asked why she isn't a singer instead and she always replies "The world need my fashion style" which might be true. Angel is glad and happy they got to be her roommate. She wouldn't like it any other way round. For once she didn't feel like the weight of the world was on her shoulders, her new friends always made sure of that.