CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A HOT IDEA

Angel found herself staring over a hot guy. No! A hot, tall guy on a leather jacket! He had bright green eyes that were piercing through her entire soul. He walked close to her, held her hands and shook it. He smiled and opened his teeth like a child that was just given a candy.

"What?" Angel asked, fidgeting her eyes to the sides.

"You're team Flash" he said and Angel was confused. She furrowed her brows, her facial expression looked puzzled. Lance realized she has no idea what he was talking about.

"Your shirt" he said, pointing at her chest and she looked at it then realized what he meant.

"Oooh yeah. I'm a big Flash team. So you're team DC or Marvel" she asks trying to concentrate on something other than his face.

"Well I'm both. I think they're both just amazing" he replies, looking her straight in the eyes.

"Yeah......." she trails. Someone clears their throat behind them and they turn quickly.

"Seems you have things in common already. Well that's a relief" Susan said and Angel just looked at her with questionable eyes.

What does she mean by that?

"Relief?" Angel asked and her Mom smiled widely.

"Well, we brought you here so that you two can get to know each other" She replies and Angel closes her eyes slightly.

"And why is that?" She asks again and before her mom could reply, Lance beat her to it.

"Well, we're getting married. Are you unaware?" He says in an amusing way and Angel's mouth went wide open.

She laughed and laughed because obviously they were playing some sort of trick or a game here.

"Yeah right" she replies, placing her hands in her back pocket.

"Darling. We should talk" Her dad speaks finally, looking concerned.

"Wait what!? You're fucking serious!?" Angel shouts.

"Watch your language young lady" Her mom shouts back and Angel raised her hands in exasperation.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! You don't get to plan my future, not tell me about it and you know what? I want to go back home tomorrow" she shouts even higher and bolts to her room in anger, banging the door behind her.

The dining was quiet and Lance clears his throat.

"I'll go see if she's okay" he says, breaking the silence and walking upstairs to Angel's room.

"Oh dear. I told you we should've talked about this before leaving" Angel's dad said to Angel's mom who just rolled her eyes.

"You've always had a soft spot for her even when she's doing something really stupid. I won't let her ruin her life by being with that trouble boy Tristan. All he has done to her is bring her pain and suffering" she replies, folding her arms and walking away.

Patrick sighs, folding his forehead. He looks up and saw the family were looking at the whole drama.

"I'm sorry about her behavior. She just needs time to adjust but she'll come around" he apologizes and they smiled faintly.

"We understand. Lance almost blew the roof off when we told him too" Shannon replied and that made Patrick a little relieved.

••••••••

Lances knocks but there was no answer, so he knocks again.

"Hey Angel. It's me. Can we talk?" He speaks from the door and when Angel heard his voice, she rolled her eyes and let him in.