CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: FIGHTING THY FEELINGS

It still feels unreal and Angel doesn't know what she's to do from here. High school will be officially over in less than three months and the one person that finally got her, understood her and obviously made her feel the way she does, is no longer with her or so it seems.

Then her mind darts to the fact that he collected the cheque from her mom even makes it worse for her. 

Angels laid on her bed all day, refusing to eat or go out.

A knock came in and Angel grunted.
"Go away" she says out lazily as she adjusts herself and covers herself with the blanket.

"I'm coming in" Lance says from behind the door and in a few seconds, the door opens.

"What!?" She shouts
"Angel, you haven't had anything to eat for two days now and you've not come out or done anything other than lie in here and...." Lance was saying when his eyes went around the room and then he sighs. He dropped the tray of food in his hands on the desk then looked back at Angel and then sat on her bed. He gently moved the covers away from her.

"Noooo" Angel whines.

"What are you doing to yourself Angel? Look at you! You look miserable" he added.

"I stayed back because of you. I'll be returning to New Orleans tomorrow and I just thought you should know, also, here is your breakfast" he says pointing to the food he brought in.

"I am sorry. I've played a huge role in your breakup, it is because of my stupid idea to pretend like we were dating that gave your mom the impression that we were together or something" he says, with a fall head.

Angel looked up at him. She sighs.

"No it's not. My mother never liked Tristan. This was just the perfect opportunity to make it easier for her. So, it's not your fault" she explained. She sits up and faces Lance.

Lance walked to the door and as his hands held the doorknob, Angel's voice stopped him.
"Hey Lance. Thank you" she said to him. Lance smiled and Angel could see his smile from the corners of his face.
"Hey! How about we go out today huh? Before I go back to New Orleans?" Lance asked, still facing the door.
After a few seconds, Angel looked around her and realized she was just wasting away lying down here and Tristan is probably living his life. She smiles.

"That sounds nice. Let's do it" she replied.

Lance turned to face her and gave her a huge grin. "I'll get ready. You should be ready by 5pm right?" He asked

"That's more than enough time for me to get ready" she replied and Lance laughed.
"Uhm Angel, this is not breakfast. It's actually a thin line between lunch and dinner" Lance replied.

Angel squeezed her brows together in confusion.

"It's past 4 already," Lance says, showing him the time on his phone's screen.
"What!?" Angel exclaimed.

Lance laughed and walked out. As soon as the door closed behind him, he met her parents outside the door by the corner.
"Well?" Angel's mom asked and Lance nodded in confirmation.
"She agreed," he replied and Angel's parents sighed at the same time.

"Thank you Lance"

Lance's parents were back to New Orleans and he stayed behind after what happened between Tristan and Angel.

He just wanted to be there for her because he knows exactly what it feels like, having someone you care about so much, break your heart.

His long time girlfriend broke his heart  last year and he still hasn't gone on serious dates with anyone since her. So he was the perfect person to understand how she felt.