3. So it goes

Iesha's POV:

A week had passed by and nothing interesting happened in my life but something was going on in peach's life. She comes home, talks all lovey-dovey on the phone with someone ( I assume summer?), and goes to sleep. It had been three days now and, it was very unlikely of her.

I, on the other hand, minded my own business and didn't even think about Summer. He was not mine to think. I came home and found Peach home, watching tv which was rare.

"Hey,"

"Sup?" she licked the spoon full of her favorite vanilla ice cream.

"You're home early?" My hand reached my foot as I started removing my shoes.

"Yeah, I'm going out with my friends," she smiled. It looked like she was lying but, who cared?

"Oh, okay," I shrugged my shoulders. I dropped my bag on the table and went into my room. I got freshen up. As I was making my way to the kitchen, Peach's phone started ringing. She put the tv on mute immediately and answered in excitement. I put my macaroni into the oven to heat it up. I rested one hand on the platform and leaned my back on it as I waited for it to heat up.

"I don't know, I'm a bit nervous Stace," I heard Peach. I couldn't help but overhear her conversation. Stacy was her school friend. Why would she call her now? She never called her once.

Wait, how is it my business?

"What if he sees me?" not wanting to hear her conversation, I tapped my right foot impatiently as I waited for my food to heat up.

"Stace! I don't think this is a good idea, I'm very nervous,"

Ding!

I carefully took out the bowl of macaroni with the gloves from the oven and closed it.

"Should I still wear orange? he always told me how much he liked orange on me,"

I took a few large scoops of macaroni on my plate and made my way to watch tv because I didn't want her to feel I was eavesdropping on her conversations.

I saw her biting her nails. She was nervously tapping her foot. She saw me and I smiled - trying to be cool. Something changed in her suddenly and, she sat up straight.

"Okay then stace, I'll see you at 8, have to go bye!"

"Alright. Alright," she giggled sightly.

I took the remote in my hand and put Simpsons on and, I started feeding my hungry stomach.

"It was stace, She just wanted to hang out" she turned to me and smiled.

"I didn't ask but... Oh- " I stammered for a second and then said, "kay?" I shrugged my shoulders.

She was obviously lying. She had never informed me where she was going or whom she was going with.

But I was now pretty sure she was meeting a guy. I was overthinking, it could be summer though, or some old friend.

"Wait, Stacy? Eric's best friend?" I blurted out. For a second, she was surprised but then answered. " Yeah, I'm surprised you remember her,"

I just hummed in response.

Three hours had passed away and, Peach left - a minute ago - to meet her friend - looking extra appealing. After she left, I was painting my nails - red- until I heard a knock on my door. I stood up and peeked through the peephole. It was Olivia.

I screamed as I opened the door smilingly.

"You ready?" she hugged.

"Almost,"