13. Sin of Summer

Iesha's POV:

I woke up feeling a little under the weather, on an empty bed. The first thing I thought was Summer.

Since when did I start thinking about him first thing in the morning? I thought.

I got out of the bed and went straight towards the bathroom. I quickly got showered and wore a white lilan shirt and tucked it into my denim jeans. I braided my hair and then put them into a lower bun.

For my face, I applied a wing liner and mascara. I left my face bare and directly applied a red lipstick.

I put the lipstick aside and checked my face in the mirror in front of me.

"Too much," I mumbled. I wiped a little lipstick from my lips via my fingers and dabbed it on my both cheekbones just to give them a blush effect.

I grabbed my backpack and was searching for my phone. I checked the bed and then the nightstand but I couldn't find it.

"Where's my phone?" I asked myself as I felt frustrated.

I checked my bathroom and to my surprise it was there. On the self.

"When did I put it here?" I thought. Brushing off all my thoughts I checked the timing and I was already late. I slipped my phone in my jeans pocket while I grabbed the bag through my other hand.

I hung the bag on my shoulder and rushed downstairs.

"Summer," I called.

I didn't feel him somewhere. As I climbed the stairs, I scanned the kitchen was empty, the door was locked and the living room was also empty but something caught my eyes, in the living room.

I made my way to the living room and saw a body lying on the sofa and as I went closer it was Summer.

The glass table near the sofa was occupied by bottles of alcohol.

I went closer and sat next to him. Be was sleeping safe and sound. His curly brown hair was falling on his forehead. I pushed them away from his face as I planned a kiss on his forehead. My lips felt a little bit of heat. I rested my palm on his forehead to realise he was running a slight fewer. I glanced at the table then. Several bottles of beer and whiskey stood before me.

I also spotted some... Powder??

I went closer and smelled it. I gulped in fear.

"Summer, what are you doing to yourself?"

I mumbled.

Yesterday he offered to drop me off at my internship and now look at his state.

Should I wake him up?

I patted his shoulder a little bit but it didn't help. I gave up already.

I think I should call a taxi. I got out my phone and called a taxi. I stood up and was about to leave but something caught my arm. My eyes landed on Summers hold on my arm.

I frown.

"Where are you going?" He asked in his husky sleepy voice.

"Hey," I replied as a faint smile displayed on my face and I sat down to his level.

I caressed his forehead. He tried to open his eyes but his eyes couldn't handle the sensitivity of the light and he scrunched his face.

"Internship, remember?" I replied to his question.

"Wait, I'll drop you off." He woke up immediately and grabbed the shirt on the floor. He slipped into the shirt.

I don't know why but I felt like he was avoiding eye contact.