28. In the presence of God, he struck

Iesha's POV:

Our eyes not leaving each other's, lips were curled and handed were held. He stood therez in front of me with his broken soul.

Literally didn't wanna know how many pain killers or drugs he took, to be here but he was here. In front of me. Looking gorgeous with his beautiful eyes. I had started to like his buzz cut. He was looking charming.

He cleaned up very nice in just two hours. I could see regret in his eyes.

"By the power vested in me by the state of Oregon, I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

"You may kiss the bride,"

He closed the distance and claimed my lips as soon as possible like he was looking for oxygen. Like he couldn't breath before the kiss. The kiss was slow and sorrowful. Everyone in the background cheered for us.

We both glanced at each and everyone and laughed. My Indian family couldn't make it because of Visa issues but I had invited Peach and my father at the very last moment. They were there. I decided to forgive them. It was time to move on.

"You look beautiful," he pulled away and said. The air was windy and sky was pink. It was beautiful. I couldn't be more grateful. I was in his arms and that was all I wanted.

"You too," I said and kissed him again.

"Thank you for everything, Summer!" I hugged him. He hugged me back tightly.

"Thank you too," he whispered.