22. Know your story

Iesha's POV:

I was ignoring everyone just to be with Summer. My father was here to talk.

Suddenly, I was not ready to talk.

My mind had shut down and now I only looked forward to the night time. It was like my life had become the illicit lives of Bonny and Clyde.

It had been a week since I saw Peach. I told them I needed time to think and I was pretty sure Peach hadn't told my father about Summer and Me.

In daylight, Peach constantly stayed with Summer and Summer with Peach. After all Summer's baby was on the line too.

Every night I was in a different city with Summer. Yesterday I was in San Jose, and today I was in Los Vagas.

At the pace this was going, I was getting anxious and anxious everyday about my life situation and excited and excited about my nightlife.

Right now we were back in LA. It was 3 in the morning and we were in a very expansive restaurant. We were having a coffee on the rooftop. We were sitting in one of those recliner chairs. The air was light and I wanted to stay here forever.

"I'm gonna address the elephant in the room..." Summer put his coffee down and turned to me and I turned to him.

I saw this coming too.

"What do you think about India?" He asked without hesitation. I didn't know what to say to be honest. I turned back and laid back as I stared at the blank black sky.
I stood up and leaned over the ledge. I gazed at the never sleeping city and then to Summer, who had already lit a cigarette. He held my eye contact as he took a long drag from his cigarette. I broke the eye contact and turned my back to him.

"Do you call me India because you knew... You know..."

I had always wondered why did he call me India but now that this all was clear, it wasn't special anymore.

I took his silence as yes as I saddened.

"I thought I was special," I turned back held his eye contact again.

He did not say anything but just exhaled the smoke.

"Answer my question first then I'll answer yours," he said.

I chuckled faintly and smiled at the city before. I mean what was there to answer. He called me India because he knew my history. There was no creativity there.

"I don't know ... Scary?..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're wrong. You are special. I called you India because remember the day I first met you? Dinner at your house? I didn't come accidentally into your room, I just wanted to see you again. And that's when I saw a small picture of Taj Mahal glued to your wall in your vision beard thing I guess ..."

I was speechless. I was blown away. I mean WHAT THE HELL!

"That's why I called you India. And at that time I didn't even know your story. Your sister spilled on me accidentally. And that's when I knew, I had to help you and then I got to know you, and now you're here..."

"So you weren't going to the bathroom? And came to my room on purpose?..." I brushed and continued. "... You came to see me?"

I couldn't stop smiling.

"The day you roared in front of me, I knew you were my tiger."

"Am I your tiger?" I asked cutely.

"Yes, now sit here," he extended his hand and I gave in. He pulled me into his lap.