11. Sangeet Night

Iaesha's POV:

"Come, come, come ..." She put her palm behind my back and rushed me to some room. I saw some relatives eyeing me as I smile awkwardly.

"I have a beautiful lehenga choli, It'll look so good on you and it'll fit you perfectly. Summer won't be able to take eyes off you ..." She continued as she was going through her closet. She was more excited for me and I, on the other hand, kept blushing at her sweet talk. I wonder what he might be doing right now.

"So everything alright between you too?" She asked from her closet.

"Yes, everything is good!" I replied and I rubbed my arms.

"Summer really really likes you, I can tell." She came out of her closet with a huge bag which I'm assuming the outfit might be in.

I didn't know what to reply so smiled and looked down at my toes.

"Don't know about that," I chuckled.

"I must tell you, he really does. I know him. He's like my son. You wore the necklace yesterday and see it's still hanging around your neck." She came closer and took a good look at it. I also looked down in confusion.

"It's just a necklace," I shrugged my shoulders.

Her face widened in shock as her lips parted. She shook her face. "No dear, my god."

"He didn't tell you?" And I drew my brows together and shook my face in negative.

"Come, sit." She held my hand and made me sit with her on the bed.

"This necklace," she caressed it and then smiled gloomily while looking at it. she looked up and made eye contact with me.

"This necklace is his mother's. It's actually an heirloom. It's been passed down to many generations. and now it is on you," 

"You see, every daughter-in-law passes this to her future daughter-in-law," 

Oh.

"It's very important to him and after his mother died, he kind of kept it close to him. I have never seen him without it. Him..." She held my hands together. "... letting you wear this is kind of a big deal."

"How come he didn't tell me anything? I thought to myself as I gave her a gloomy slime. I touched the necklace as I looked down at it. I couldn't believe this necklace was once worn by his mother. I felt vulnerable.

I was feeling very special because he gave it to me. And it of course would have meant more.

She caressed my cheek.

"Now go and get ready."

I grabbed the bag and went into the closet to change. In just a few minutes, I was in the outfit. It was a forest green lehenga and blouse with lots of floral details. I felt like I was a green fairy. I loved it so much. To be honest I couldn't get my eyes off myself.

A lady came and she helped me out with the dupatta. I came to know that her name was Jyoti and she's from India and she was a makeup artist. She did my hair just like all the other Indian ladies. It was a messy updo. She also gave me matching diamond jewelry. I wore green bangles which were made up of glass and then she also fixed a tika on my head and earring on my ear. She insisted on wearing a huge diamond necklace which had a huge green diamond in the center but I didn't. I wanted to honor Summer and his necklace was enough.

"India, Where are you? Let's go. The ceremony is starting..." Summer entered the room and as soon as his eyes landed on mine and he stopped.

I could see him from the mirror in front of me. I didn't have to look back. We didn't say anything just looked at each other.