29. India (Epilogue)

Iesha's POV:

The Ganga River Basin.

I closed my eyes as I soaked the sun rays as I soaked my legs in the river. It was neither cold nor warm. But I liked it. I felt positive. I opened my eyes and saw some people with the same purpose.

"Are you ready for Asthi-visarjan?" My mani spoke behind me.

'Asthi Visarjan' can be known as Bone immersion in the holy waters. It's a ritual where the ashes and remains of the dead are collected and consigned to the holy river like ganga. It is very sacred and the purpose behind the ritual is to help a loved one to reach moksha, meaning a freeing the soul from the cycle of reincarnation.

My Nani handed me the pot and kissed pot first and smiled at it.

I opened the lid.

"I'm freeing you from this. Reach your mother and say hi from my side, okay? Thank you for everything. You'll always be my fake Husband." I chuckled.

I brought the pot closer to me and touched my forehead to it. Tears were welding up in my eyes but I was smiling.

"I love you," I cried.

I raised the pot with my arms and slowly slowly emptied it into the water.

As it emptied and I prayed.

I felt my Nani hugged me from behind.

We stayed there for a while. We arrived home and I ran to my room with tears running down.

I threw my self on the bed and sobbed. I hugged my pillow.

I really miss him. I do.

All the memories of him from the time we met and all the moments I spent with him, it all came back in flashes.

I sobbed and sobbed.

After we got married, for honeymoon we went to Svalbard. It was a Norwegian Island. It was so much fun. We saw whales and white polar bears. We carried guns. We partied. We did everything except physical intimacy. The last days were like we were best friends. I didn't know why but the physical intimacy was not there. We did kisses and cuddles but that was it. But those were the best days of my life.

After then we were supposed to visit India together as we planned but at the medical check up, summer was found to be very unfit to travel.

He told me to go saying he would join me later. I didn't want to but he gave me no choice and I did go there.

As soon as I stepped into India, I felt like home. I met my family and they hugged me and kissed me and it was the best day of my life.

It had only been a week since I was here and summer was doing alright. We did a video call every time and he made sure to stay away from drinks and drugs.

One day, I got a call from Summer's dad saying Summer was no more. I was broken to my bones. His body just shut down.

His mother has consumed him.

It has been a month now that Summer was gone.

He felt like a dream.

I heard a knock on my door but I didn't bother to get up. I just couldn't.

"Baby, Someone's here to see you." My Nani spoke. I didn't reply. I didn't care. I wanted to scream 'fuck off' but I couldn't.

I heard the door opened and closed after a moment. I didn't look. The room was filled with my sobbing voice.

I felt my bed dipped beside me as I felt someone's hand on my head. Someone started caressing my hair and back.

"Go away," I cried.